The place to discuss everything else..
FourFoot

Re: Random gift

Post by FourFoot » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:41 pm

bob_mcn wrote:Dealer compliments slip have their name etc. on the bottom,

Jaguar themselves appear not to.
It was from jaguar then :-)
XE Portfolio - 2.0D 180 auto - Meridian 825, plenty of accessories
F-Type 400 Sport Convertible Special Edition - supercharged 3.0 V6 400 auto - Meridian 770, climate pack, parking pack

Tired'n'jaded

Post by Tired'n'jaded » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:57 pm

]
The dust caps will look good on a black Corsa with black wheels and blacked out windows and lavatory pipe size exhaust to complement the little sh*t driving it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We got a bunch of flowers and one very nice leaper key fob. I would have liked 2 though. I am happy with that anyway as my wife loved the flowers.[/quote]

We got the flowers courtesy of the dealer. a jaguar XE leather key fob in it's own black box, and a large red box with one each of leaper (for me) :D and Growler (for the wife, most appropriate) :roll: key rings! Single key rings were for the riff-raff! :lol: :lol:

We've just got a new Corsa, so less of the cheek about us discerning drivers! (though ours is blue, no black wheels or windows or large exhaust).
Opinion is divided if there is a little sh*t driving it though!!!! :lol:
Caesium blue 180 Portfolio, split rear seats, oyster interior, power-fold mirrors, heated windscreen, Matrix wheels, spare wheel, parking pack

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 pm

[quote=

We've just got a new Corsa, so less of the cheek about us discerning drivers! (though ours is blue, no black wheels or windows or large exhaust).
Opinion is divided if there is a little sh*t driving it though!!!! :lol:[/quote]

You have my deepest sympathy. No doubt you will get a free gift of a baseball cap to wear back to front and a set of mini scales in case you wish to take up a sideline pharmacy business. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NewLester de Rocin

Post by NewLester de Rocin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Ordered my US model XE in August last year, delivered November. Got the same Union Jack grayscale dust caps in the box in the mail from Jaguar Regional (Jaguar USA).

Nice gift, but mine did not have the key rings at all---just the four caps. So Cheers to you for getting the rings!

I'm not much into the valve caps, and will just stow them in the house somewhere---I would have preferred the greyscale Union Jack CENTER WHEEL CAPS instead.

But it is still nice to have that little touch from a manufacturer. Dealer gifts are only invites to "let us charge you for oil service". But manufacturer gifts somehow feel like "thank you".
1990 Corolla DX in Regata Blue; 1996 Corolla DX in Satin Granite Black;
2017 (X760) XE Prestige in British Racing Green

johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:27 pm

I've been very lucky. My dealer has given me all these...

33.jpg

22.jpg

11.jpg

johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:33 pm

Oh and totally free adaptive dynamics which they ordered by mistake :)

FourFoot

Post by FourFoot » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:35 pm

Just had another delivery of gifts today - 4 simple black/red leather loop keyrings with the leaper engraved on the metal part.

DSC_1408.JPG

F-Type 400 Sport Convertible Special Edition - supercharged 3.0 V6 400 auto - Meridian 770, climate pack, parking pack

pem

Post by pem » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:07 am

there are quite a few of these items on ebay

owners trying to recoup some of the £35K to £40K they spent on a car ? :roll: :roll:
R-sport 180 Diesel Auto Glacier white, jet/red leather, 19" black venoms,black pack, parking pack, climate pack, panoramic roof, privacy glass, 10 way electric seats, 4 way lumbar, powerfold mirrors with blindspot and lots more goodies

FourFoot

Post by FourFoot » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Probably! Most people don't need all the keyrings they get given - on my car key I have a fob for my burglar alarm, contactless credit card fob, garage door opener remote. No need for extra clutter in my pocket.
All the ones jaguar have sent/given me are in my desk drawer.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Hmm, dustcaps with logos that weld themselves to the valves.
Keyfobs we don't need.

I suppose it enables some suit in "customer relations" to tick a box on their "customer contact box".
:lol:

It's like this "Jaguar Advisory Board" thing you have in your sig Fourfoot.
I know this was an email sent to people .
Quite a few on the F-Pace forums have been "accepted" as well.

https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2921

It's not the first time.
There was one a year or two ago to "enable owners to contribute to the future development of Jaguar cars".
It was at a time when we were desperate to get heard about the cars they were producing at the time not in the future !!!

Not trying to be cynical but if they were really into customer service then they would be far more proactive in listening to owners and addressing concerns.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE MHEV, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.