Random gift

The place to discuss everything else..
FourFoot

Re: Random gift

Post by FourFoot » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:17 pm

PhilB wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:32 pm
I suppose it enables some suit in "customer relations" to tick a box on their "customer contact box".
:lol:
Yep, also makes the customer feel like they're getting something for nothing, another box ticked.
PhilB wrote:
It's like this "Jaguar Advisory Board" thing you have in your sig Fourfoot.
I know this was an email sent to people .
Not sure it's quite the same. My company are part of the development/technical group (invited after attending one of their 48hr technical challenges) and my developers attend group meetings with JLR regarding the software and connectivity (we're in the telematics industry) - this is an extension of that and covers every aspect of the vehicle (only been to 1 event so far where they hinted at the e-pace).
The online "c-space" they've started for customer feedback is probably just another box ticking thing (I'm a member of that too but have never bothered participating because I don't see anything coming of it) :-)
XE Portfolio - 2.0D 180 auto - Meridian 825, plenty of accessories
F-Type 400 Sport Convertible Special Edition - supercharged 3.0 V6 400 auto - Meridian 770, climate pack, parking pack

Derren

Post by Derren » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 pm

Post content removed.
Member banned for fake profile location and posting off-topic link considered to be spam.
Last edited by PhilB on Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Member banned

chrisjp

Post by chrisjp » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:44 pm

When I picked up my new XE the dealer gave me a Jaguar umbrella. This is quite useful but unfortunately it is too long to fit in the rather small XE boot in any way except diagonally. This then hogs quite a bit of space, so I don't carry it in the car, which rather defeats its utility!
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Portofino Blue, Light Oyster, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, Meridian 825w, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat, black pack, 16-way driver seat

Kaikoura

Post by Kaikoura » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:59 pm

chrisjp wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:44 pm
When I picked up my new XE the dealer gave me a Jaguar umbrella. This is quite useful but unfortunately it is too long to fit in the rather small XE boot in any way except diagonally. This then hogs quite a bit of space, so I don't carry it in the car, which rather defeats its utility!
I bought a cheap one from eBay. It also took up a lot of space until I realised it fitted in the indentations towards the front of the boot.

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

Richard Green

I know what's wrong and if I could find it I'd fix it.

2016 XE R-Sport - HJ16XES (Cat); 2004 XKR convertible - RG04XKR (Animal); 1975 Triumph TR6 - HPR30N (Rob)

Wolfie1

Post by Wolfie1 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:47 pm

PhilB wrote:
Hmm, dustcaps with logos that weld themselves to the valves.
Keyfobs we don't need.

I suppose it enables some suit in "customer relations" to tick a box on their "customer contact box".
:lol:

It's like this "Jaguar Advisory Board" thing you have in your sig Fourfoot.
I know this was an email sent to people .
Quite a few on the F-Pace forums have been "accepted" as well.

https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2921

It's not the first time.
There was one a year or two ago to "enable owners to contribute to the future development of Jaguar cars".
It was at a time when we were desperate to get heard about the cars they were producing at the time not in the future !!!

Not trying to be cynical but if they were really into customer service then they would be far more proactive in listening to owners and addressing concerns.
Put some grease on the inside of the cap before you screw it on, will never weld itself onto the valve