Car shampoo recommendations please

The place to discuss everything else..
Vespa

Re: Car shampoo recommendations please

Post by Vespa » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:31 pm

I am goosed and the car looks great but I have slowed somewhat in the last 12 months and haven't managed to get the sealant on today. I am sure there are now more nooks and crannies on the car than there was last year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

spritely

Post by spritely » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:04 pm

Nooks and crannies do tend to creep up on you, and then bam. :lol: :lol:
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:26 pm

@vespa

So I had the car washed again yesterday, its such good weather, must be enjoyable to do it yourself!
Anyway, I'm still giving them the shampoo that came with the pack in the boot to use.

Its pure guard.

The guy who was washing it said its a really good shampoo, even prefers it to the autoglym they use.

So is this one to maybe look into buying again? Or is it something jaguar give you when you buy a car and it's supplied from them, and not a purchasable shampoo?

Be interested to know what you think of pure guard. As I haven't heard it mentioned on here yet.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:44 pm

Never heard of it. I like the ones I have used with the exception of the Halfords branded as that is rubbish. 5 washes with it so far and each time I have had to use around 100 mls to get a foam in the bucket. That lasts about 5 minutes and then it's gone. It leaves streaks at whatever concentration and does not clean very well. To use it up I will be using it at a panel at a time and rinsing it off as I go. The annoying thig was I bought 2 x 2 1/2 ltres of it. I can't wait until it's gone and I can get back to one of my regular quality wash shampoos. (Yes I could dump it but I hate wasting money if there is a way around it)

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:02 pm

I can't believe you lot have managed to make discussions about a bucket of suds last 6 pages.
I didn't realise there were that many shampoos out there.
:mrgreen:
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:05 pm

There are Phil. There are good and bad and I narrowed it down in the years of having my MG Maestro which featured many times in the MG Owner's Club Magazine.To others its just soap and many just use Fairy Liquid.

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:34 pm

Vespa wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:05 pm
There are Phil. There are good and bad and I narrowed it down in the years of having my MG Maestro which featured many times in the MG Owner's Club Magazine.To others its just soap and many just use Fairy Liquid.
This is exactly what my brother did.
Fairy liquid! But Omg it was as streaky as anything.
Looked terrible.

The guy said this one he thinks is better than the autoglym they use as it gives some sort of protective coat to the paint. And the waiter just beads up dries off itself. Although they still dry it themselves with chamois leathers

I'll try find it online to show you

Indianajons

Post by Indianajons » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:42 pm

Whichever shampoo you buy, just make sure it’s ph neutral or it’ll strip whatever protection you have on there.
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:47 pm

@vespa

https://youtu.be/zj43QVkp_ZY

https://www.pureguard.com/

So there is a YouTube vid of a guy showing what it's properties are and what they do.
Inside and out.

And the other link seems to be their website. But I can't seem to find the care package that came with my car on there..

See the pic for the actual set (image found online but identical to what I have)

Screenshot_20190420-154608_eBay.jpg

spritely

Post by spritely » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:18 pm

Think this may be a link to the company that supplies pure guard products.
http://platinum-protection.co.uk/Chemicals
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”