Car shampoo recommendations please

The place to discuss everything else..
Mike87

Re: Car shampoo recommendations please

Post by Mike87 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:51 am

I think it may not be something you can purchase.
I can't find it on either links.

It was just a pack I received with the car. Maybe that's the only way to get one. And once it runs out, it runs out.

Literally can't see it anywhere. And it is a very good pack, lots of high quality goodies in there.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:27 am

There are lots of things pushed by dealers that are either give aways or money making extras. I once refused to pay for an engine flush on a car because it had only done 3000 miles and the oil was still clean. They argued the toss for about 30 minutes and I stood my ground saying that if I had to pay for it then I want all the oil they had put in draining out and refilling with fresh oil as it could be contaminated with an unknown dilutent. I won.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:29 am

Haha you know your stuff.
I know nothing about cars, so I'd get taken in by anything they say.

I have a mechanic friend who's taken care of all my cars. But now I have a jag I don't let him touch it. Lol. Only let JLR do it.
Haven't done anything with the oil yet, maybe I should?..

Its a shame though, as that shampoo is definitely good quality, adding a little protective coat to the paint 😢

Indianajons

Post by Indianajons » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:29 am

Mike87 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:29 am

I have a mechanic friend who's taken care of all my cars. But now I have a jag I don't let him touch it. Lol. Only let JLR do it.
Haven't done anything with the oil yet, maybe I should?..
Your mechanic friend would probably do a better (and far cheaper) job than 80% of the official Jaguar stealers!
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:58 pm

I am happy with my JLR dealer and I had a full service yesterday with MOT. The service was the last of the service packages and the MOT was £45. I know you can get it done for half price in places but as promised last year they will give me a goodwill customer gesture on jobs with a small discount. That suits me fine knowing the work and parts are under warranty.

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 pm

That's the most important thing, keeping things under warranty.
I'd like to carry on the warranty as long as I can

@indianajons
Haha. He may do, I've just not wanted to take the risk of him doing something and it going wrong then my warranty is void

JiggyJag

Post by JiggyJag » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:17 pm

Vespa wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:44 pm
Be very careful with leather. I only use Autoglym and that is their leather balm. Cleaning should be done very carefully with only a damp cloth in a VERY DILUTE detergent test colour fastness in an unseen area (Autoglym also make a cleaner) You can also use a facial soap wash dilute 1:8. Gentle wiping is the way and be very careful. You will not really need to touch the leather for quite sometime from new. Never soak the leather as this will toughen it and make it brittle when it dries. Clean it and let it fully dry (usually overnight) Then apply the leather balm with a microfibre cloth and polish off. That is how I do it but not that often as it's not really necessary, maybe once a year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKRj40o9C6s
Hi Vespa, how does this compare with the bottle of jlr leather cleaner/conditioner that comes with the car ?
Curr: MY18 XE Portfolio 250 RWD, Loire blue / Oyster, parking pack, folding mirrors, spare wheel, splash guards
Prev: MY17 XE Prestige 180 Auto, Odyssey red / Latte, parking pack, heated screen, pano roof, folding mirrors, spare wheel, splash guards

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 am

It will be Autoglym. Have a look on the accessories section of Jaguar "Build your car" and it is there in full Autoglym packaging.

JiggyJag

Post by JiggyJag » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:03 pm

Vespa wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 am
It will be Autoglym. Have a look on the accessories section of Jaguar "Build your car" and it is there in full Autoglym packaging.
Thanks Vespa. Will use sparingly and infrequently
Curr: MY18 XE Portfolio 250 RWD, Loire blue / Oyster, parking pack, folding mirrors, spare wheel, splash guards
Prev: MY17 XE Prestige 180 Auto, Odyssey red / Latte, parking pack, heated screen, pano roof, folding mirrors, spare wheel, splash guards

Mike87

Post by Mike87 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:56 pm

@vespa

Ah that's reasurring, so I'll just do the same thing.
Although, as with the shampoo, that's apparently so good, in the pack I got with the car, the leather products are also "pure guard"

So that can't be autoglym can it?

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”