Menstrual Cycle

The place to discuss everything else..
Vespa

Menstrual Cycle

Post by Vespa » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:24 pm

Yes, you read it right!! My car for 4 years has had a menstrual cycle in that every month for the first 5 days or so, I am not able to access journeys on my computer ( my phone is no longer compatable). I put it down to the fact that the car must be female and has a menstrual cycle from the 1st to around the 5th of every month I have owned it. :lol: I put it down to reps doing their expenses and not logging off, thus leaving JLR servers overloaded. If that is the case maybe JLR should have auto log out after 30 minutes. :x
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Mitchbitch

Re: Menstrual Cycle

Post by Mitchbitch » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:58 pm

What a bloody awful situation, but why plug it on here! Hope you’ve not been tamponing around with the controls, I’d lilet
Go, always! ( with wings) :lol: :lol:
MY20 XE P250s R Dynamic caesium blue

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 pm

You deserve some kind of punnisment for that, Mitchbitch :lol:

But the journeys on mine never seem to take more than a few minutes to update, unless I'm in a mobile blackspot like the Land of the Rising Sheep :)

I -did- have to log in to the App this morning, but that was after the App had updated on my Chinese spyphone...
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 pm

:lol: :lol: I knew something like that would be in an answer :lol: :lol:
Like the joke when the young lad says he wants to take the girl home and she replies that she is on her menstrual cycle. He say's "No problems I'll follow you on my Lambretta"
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

BevC

Post by BevC » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:00 pm

Get her some HRT - worked wonders for me😂
Current MY2019 Corris Grey/Oyster Portfolio 180 Auto AWD
Previously MY2015 Polaris White/Ebony Prestige 163 Manual

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:27 pm

Still no recorded journeys so I decided to get an Apple Iphone so that I can connect properly to the car again. I checked it on the list of suitable phones as of today and checked with my supplier that it has the latest platform IOS 11. The choice of Apple was because Samsung completely goosed up the workings with my last phone (now my wife's new one) and that the Iphone also gives extra information in the InControl app. So it will be with me tomorrow and I can then try the pairing up.

alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:25 pm

Vespa wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:27 pm
Still no recorded journeys so I decided to get an Apple Iphone so that I can connect properly to the car again. I checked it on the list of suitable phones as of today and checked with my supplier that it has the latest platform IOS 11. The choice of Apple was because Samsung completely goosed up the workings with my last phone (now my wife's new one) and that the Iphone also gives extra information in the InControl app. So it will be with me tomorrow and I can then try the pairing up.
You won't regret it Vespa.....Apple all the way :)
MY17 XE R-Sport 180 Auto | Yulong White / Oyster

moose

Post by moose » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Vespa, the latest IOS release is 12.3.1. My iPhone and the wife’s both run this release and they both pair without issues to my standard ICT in my 65 plate XE.

Also It works fine with the InControl app.

If you want messages to appear in ICT remember to change the Bluetooth settings for the cars connection on the phone to allow sharing of notifications.

Bob
R Sport 240ps Bluefire with Templar wheels. Parking pack, blind spot monitor, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, splash guards, privacy glass.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:39 am

Well I hope that this phone is better than the Samsung for lasting with JLR interactive APPs. I was told it would be the latest platform when dispatched and it shows on JLR's list for compatibility. If this one disconnects as not being suitable the car is going as the bloody phones cost more than the car. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:50 pm

moose wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:03 pm
Vespa, the latest IOS release is 12.3.1. My iPhone and the wife’s both run this release and they both pair without issues to my standard ICT in my 65 plate XE.

Also It works fine with the InControl app.

If you want messages to appear in ICT remember to change the Bluetooth settings for the cars connection on the phone to allow sharing of notifications.

Bob
Bob, imagine my surprise when I got my phone yesterday to find it is indeed 12.3.1 build. She did say it would be the latest when I was getting it. Nothing up front and £17 a month for 2 years with 2 Gb which is more than enough for me. :D

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”