Speed Limit Reductions

The place to discuss everything else..
User avatar
147daytona
Posts: 1369
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:50 pm
Location: Lowestoft, UK

Re: Speed Limit Reductions

Post by 147daytona » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:57 am

ChrisGB wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:15 pm
Being a car enthusiast gets harder by the day. Creeping speed limit reductions are common everywhere these days. Add in legislation reducing the availability of decent engines and the obsession with autonomous / electrification BS, it's enough to consider emigration.
I was never one for driving like an idiot but the fun has definitely been reduced in the last 30 years.

As well as Big Brother watching our every move and ever decreasing speed limits, there is also so much more traffic on the roads that making good progress can be difficult.
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

Deleted User 732

Re: Speed Limit Reductions

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:44 am

I seem to have got behind the same snail several times recently in a Honda Jazz. The driver must be 199 years old and never gets above 22mph on my speedo. Impossible to overtake safely so I have that leisurely two mile drive home ander traffic pile up behind me.

Prestige
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Staffs

Re: Speed Limit Reductions

Post by Prestige » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:13 pm

As a Honda Jazz owner (2) since 2003 and a regular Warrington area visitor in the Jazz as well as the XE,Vespas comments could be considered a hate crime....
2018 200ps Prestige in Corris Grey.

User avatar
147daytona
Posts: 1369
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:50 pm
Location: Lowestoft, UK

Re: Speed Limit Reductions

Post by 147daytona » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:50 pm

I hate everyone equally that crawls along ridiculously slowly :twisted: :lol:
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

Deleted User 732

Re: Speed Limit Reductions

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Prestige wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:13 pm
As a Honda Jazz owner (2) since 2003 and a regular Warrington area visitor in the Jazz as well as the XE,Vespas comments could be considered a hate crime....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Aviator
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:08 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Speed Limit Reductions

Post by Aviator » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:49 pm

A similar thing has happened near me, the Welsh Government (it's a trunk road, so not under council control) have decided to impose 50 mph on a dual carriageway. Apparently there are two reasons; one is pollution, the other is that the central reservation is passed its sell buy date. It must be the latter, as the nearest house on only one section, is 100 meters from the road. I think there's a third reason and that's so big brother can set up mobile cameras and fill up the coffers.
17 Plate XE Prestige Petrol (2018MY) in Firenze Red

User avatar
Mikeyjd
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Speed Limit Reductions

Post by Mikeyjd » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Aviator wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:49 pm
A similar thing has happened near me, the Welsh Government (it's a trunk road, so not under council control) have decided to impose 50 mph on a dual carriageway. Apparently there are two reasons; one is pollution, the other is that the central reservation is passed its sell buy date. It must be the latter, as the nearest house on only one section, is 100 meters from the road. I think there's a third reason and that's so big brother can set up mobile cameras and fill up the coffers.
WAG (Welsh Government) are doing it in North Wales too. A section of A483 north of Wrexham, was recently reduced from 70 to 50 mph. Average speed cameras are in use. The reason was stated as air pollution.
2018MY R Sport. 25D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

Deleted User 732

Re: Speed Limit Reductions

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:55 pm

From memory isn't that all farmland ?

User avatar
Mikeyjd
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Speed Limit Reductions

Post by Mikeyjd » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:00 pm

Vespa wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:55 pm
From memory isn't that all farmland ?
No, it is a section skirting the town. Only about 2 miles long.
2018MY R Sport. 25D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

Deleted User 732

Re: Speed Limit Reductions

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:42 pm

Ah! I know where you mean. We usually make it part of a return round trip when we go to Conway or Llandudno, via Llangollen. Just such lovely countryside.

Post Reply