What are you up to today with the car or whatever?

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 732

What are you up to today with the car or whatever?

Post by Deleted User 732 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:56 am

As everyone knows, I am always on here and I have noticed that the new input always daily and usually midday, has dwindled dramatically. Is it that many use the site for lunchtime entertainment when at work or is my virus protection working overtime on my PC :lol: I suppose many are out in their gardens doing jobs whilst the weather is fine. I have been potting up seedlings that were provided free at M&S with every £20 spent. I have now got growing lettuce, radish, beetroots, pansies, violas and forgetmenots. To get started yet are chillies and repeats of the other veg so as not to have everything growing at once. I have also managed to powerwash the driveway and garden paths and plant up 4 hanging baskets, which are in the garage for now to avoid the expected frosts. For once my column fruit trees seem to be flowering nicely and I hope that we get some plums and cherries this year (year 3 now and nothing) The lawns are mown and the large rear rose bed nicely tidied. I also sprayed all my roses (about 80) with anti fungal and mildew spray. That is a task I did in the very colder part of the day to avoid any harm to birds or insects. To do, 5 more rose beds and more mowing. Then paint the fences. That is a task I hate. And the car gets just a short run to the shop for food stocks about every 7-10 days with a clean when the dust becomes apparent on the bodywork. This is a photo from 2017 of my front garden roses.

Roses 015.JPG

DABroke

Re: What are you up to today with the car or whatever?

Post by DABroke » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:24 pm

Very impressive. Unfortunately I am not so green fingered, so have spent my time this weekend replacing the felt roofing material on my shed as well as giving it a coat of preservative.
Will cut the grass later today, ready for the garden waste collection (hopefully) tomorrow.
Having only picked up my car on March 25, I only have 133 miles on it and 40 of those were driving it back from the dealership. However, I do spend quite a bit of time sat in it trying to get to grips with the tech, so that when we can eventually venture out officially I have some idea of what i'm doing!
MY20 Carpathian Grey P250 R-Dynamic HSE. Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Matrix Headlights, Cold Climate Pack, Folding Rear Seats, Panoramic Sunroof, Configurable Dynamics, 360 Camera, Clearsight Mirror, Convenience Pack, Red Brake Calipers + load more stuff!

DaveL

Post by DaveL » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:41 pm

I’m currently doing a 2 stage polish, only the bonnet and roof to go, then I’m ceramic coating it.

Dave
MY20 XE P250S Portofino Blue

KJW

Post by KJW » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:43 pm

I've managed to defer gardening jobs until today by fitting a towbar to my XE. :D

DSCF0230.JPG

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:17 pm

I forgot to add that I am also a Hydrangea fanatic and have plated around 10 cuttings. Several will be dark blue as I have changed the compost make up. They are all growing in large pots at the side of the garage to get rid of the bland walls. I really got to like them after visiting Portmeirion a couple of years back and they had a superb display on a driveway. All colours as well. I have given several of last years plant ups away. I am not particularly green fingered but have major fads in the garden at this time of year. Sadly my back is now a limit as to the amount that can be done in any one go.

McK

Post by McK » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:21 pm

Finished a 1 stage detail to get some of the swirl marks out the paint, it's not perfect when it gets a once over with a da polisher but the differences on the paint finishes are like night and day.

P_20200406_161639_vHDR_On_p_1.jpg

I do love a nice clean shiny car.

P_20200406_155512_vHDR_On_p_1_1.jpg

2016 3.0 XE S, Italian Racing Red, 20" Rims, 14 Way Heated Leather Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Front Screen and Me Loooooooooving every second driving the beast 😁😁😁😁

Dendip

Post by Dendip » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:29 pm

You know the expression "If you want something done then ask a busy man. Well I nominate Vespa for "That Man"
XES 340. IRR with Black/White interior. Previous: S Type SE and XF Portfolio. All a delight to own!

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:55 pm

Haven't been able to wash the car or give it it's spring wax as it's been too hot and sunny.
Waiting for a nice overcast day.
But have had the pressure washer out and done the front block paving for the first time since it was done about 7 years ago and what a difference!
I was told you should never use a Karcher directly on block paving as it blasts out the sand that locks the blocks but I bought the T-Racer attachment for cleaning patios and it's very good and quicker than using just a lance.
When dried out, the bucket of old playpit sand i kept in the shed (same as the kiln dried stuff they overcharge for) came out.
Funny looks from one or two watching me sweeping sand over the parking area but it came up as good as new.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:57 pm

I have enough to do thank you. In fact at this moment I am sitting in my front room waiting to watch James Martin on ITV1. Similar interests, cars and food :lol:

Edit I put BBC so if you are sitting in front of a BBC screen switch over to ITV :oops: :lol: :lol:

McK

Post by McK » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:24 pm

Vespa wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:57 pm
I have enough to do thank you. In fact at this moment I am sitting in my front room waiting to watch James Martin on ITV1. Similar interests, cars and food :lol:

Edit I put BBC so if you are sitting in front of a BBC screen switch over to ITV :oops: :lol: :lol:
I look after the car's and my Mrs looks after the cooking, I am not good at all in the kitchen lol, the only I'm good at in the kitchen is setting off the smoke alarms
2016 3.0 XE S, Italian Racing Red, 20" Rims, 14 Way Heated Leather Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Front Screen and Me Loooooooooving every second driving the beast 😁😁😁😁