What are you up to today with the car or whatever?

The place to discuss everything else..
moose

Re: What are you up to today with the car or whatever?

Post by moose » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:27 pm

Three days into wire brushing, sanding, washing down and painting the iron railings at the front of the house. As there is so little traffic it seemed like the ideal time to do it without the danger of becoming road kill.

Tomorrow should be the last day of painting.

Last time I painted them was fourteen years ago so the hammerite has lasted well.

Bob
R Sport 240ps Bluefire with Templar wheels. Parking pack, blind spot monitor, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, splash guards, privacy glass.

AndyB

Post by AndyB » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:41 am

Managed to install the illuminated sills last night, had to transplant a couple of clips from my old ones over to the new ones and took half the skin off my fingers in the process :lol: other than that it was successful though, it didn't take all day as the pictures might suggest, I had to wait for darkness to fully appreciate them :lol:

Next up is wrapping the plate around the gear lever in carbon wrap!

Before After.jpg

2016 XE-S in Ultimate Black with 20" Propeller Alloys

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:00 am

The XE instructions should state " any owner wanting to do his own work on this car should wear armoured gloves as most items are deliberately fitted with knuckle skin removing clips and fittings. If you find an easy to fit item please notify us ASAP so that we can redesign it to be impossible for the amatuer to do without personal injury" :lol: :lol:

AndyB

Post by AndyB » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:32 am

Vespa wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:00 am
The XE instructions should state " any owner wanting to do his own work on this car should wear armoured gloves as most items are deliberately fitted with knuckle skin removing clips and fittings. If you find an easy to fit item please notify us ASAP so that we can redesign it to be impossible for the amatuer to do without personal injury" :lol: :lol:
Never a truer statement made on this website! My hands have been cut to pieces trying to remove/fit various items :lol:

AndyB

Post by AndyB » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:32 am

Managed to carbon wrap the gear shifter plate along with the gear topper, pretty happy with how it turned out for a first attempt :)

Capture.JPG

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:56 pm

That looks good, how do you stop the wrap peeling up around the edges?
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

AndyB

Post by AndyB » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:08 pm

147daytona wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:56 pm
That looks good, how do you stop the wrap peeling up around the edges?
So I’ve actually been out and re done it slightly to tidy it up. But basically I removed the trim part and then folded it underneath for cleaner lines. A hairdryer or something makes it much easier to work with and makes it much neater! The topper is stuck on with glue/tape but luckily enough it was sticky enough to go back on :lol:

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:27 pm

I gave the battery a top up charge (2 hours about) Potted up seedlings I got free at M&S a few weeks back. I lost the lettuce as I forgot to bring them inside again and they were greenhouse lettuce, I think. A few more seeds now on the go, beetroot, chilli peppers, pansy, violas and carrots. All freebies.

bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Fun day today, actually drove my XE :D to B+Q Chester, (5 miles each way), after looking at the queue, about 1 mile long, (at 8am) :o , and a store guy telling me about 2-3 hour wait :shock: , i decided it was not so important and can wait, so not a great shop, but a great time out in the motor. :lol: :lol:
Bob McN.
Oct'16 to Oct'18: Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, selection of addons.
Oct'18 onwards : Caldera Red, XE 300 Sport, MY2019, bigger selection of addons
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6930&start=20#p77545

MartE

Post by MartE » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:15 pm

Today's tasks included weeding and resanding the drive. Had to move the cars, so though a quick photo was only fair. Especially as I'd finished cleaning the Jag earlier in the morning.

IMG_0387.png

New to me MY17 20t R-Sport Polaris/Fuji White, Black gloss wheels, privacy glass and black bits.