What are you up to today with the car or whatever?

The place to discuss everything else..
Alanqs

Re: What are you up to today with the car or whatever?

Post by Alanqs » Sat May 09, 2020 7:42 pm

Decided to order what I hoped, would be plusher car mats than the standard Jaguar fitment, a bit thicker and possibly a bit brighter than straight forward grey. So these arrived today. I've got the Aliath protective transparent covers for the trim just in front of the rear wheels so I have fitting them to look forward to, not!

New.JPG

Caldera Red P250 HSE. Clear Sight mirror, powered boot and some other stuff

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:34 am

Well I finally got the last rose beds sorted and hanging baskets up with surfinia in them. There was one supposed to be red, white and blue but at the time of planting I was doing on top of a wheelie bin and the wind caught the packaging so they all got mixed up. Oh dear what a shame, never mind.I topped up the car battery and the Adblue. Then to top it all off watched the Battle of the River Plate.

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Sun May 10, 2020 8:17 am

We are essentially coming out of quarantining over here although our quarantine was never as strict as yours. I washed the XE and took it out for a local run, maybe 50km all up. Strewth that car is quick and the ride - it's like a bullet train it's so smooth. But the real fun is finding a windy road.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Sun May 10, 2020 2:16 pm

Well, the roads are still full of idiots...

Just got back from doing my shopping for essentials - food, hand sanitizer etc, and I thought I was going to have to clean a cyclist out of my radiator grille :roll:

Approaching the t-junction to get out of my estate, thirty-something on mountain bike turns into my road,which is fine.

Almost clipping the kerb on my side of the road, which wasn't quite so clever....

I stop with a few yards to spare, and tap my forehead, on;y to get a "what have I done wrong?" shrug from the cyclist.

It's a good job I was approaching the junction cautiously, having seen everything from pushbikes to delivery vans cut that corner, as, obviously, no one would ever need to drive out of the estate, would they?

It is idiots like that that almost make me think I need a dash-cam :(
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

lexie

Post by lexie » Sun May 10, 2020 5:02 pm

We had street bingo yesterday. A neighbour posted an invite and bingo cards through all the letterboxes last week and we all sat out front, observing social distance by a huge margin.

Prizes, (alcohol wiped and mostly everyone's alcohol 😄) were self service from a box in the middle of the street. A couple of the older residents have been completely isolating and were getting a bit down, as they're not up to walking or anything. So it was a little bit of social interaction for a change. Keeps the Gin distillers in business, by the looks of it too.

Difficult times call for desperate measures ☺️
R-Sport 200ps Ammonite grey, parking pack, split fold rear seats, space saver, 14 way seats

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:53 am

Gojira wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:16 pm
Well, the roads are still full of idiots...

Just got back from doing my shopping for essentials - food, hand sanitizer etc, and I thought I was going to have to clean a cyclist out of my radiator grille :roll:
Do not worry! The XE has a great bonnet mechanism to flick them off and also if the wipers are on auto will get rid of any remaining body parts with the need to get out of the car. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tempest XE S

Post by Tempest XE S » Mon May 11, 2020 3:01 pm

Gave the car a good clean including use of the new jetwash and snow foam.

Car was rinsed and then covered with foam before being left to dwell. Then rinsed off followed by a two bucket which left her gleaming. Unfortunately I ran out of time to give her a polish but still very pleased with the results.

I've been getting more and more concerned when going to a car wash recently, particularly with a couple of weak paint areas that I'm yet to get sorted. Thoroughly enjoyed it though, hoping to carry it on even after lockdown.
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 335 BHP / Tempest Grey / 20" Propeller alloys / Black Pack

To come: Ceramic paint coating, chip re-map to 404 BHP, spacers, badge black out

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:44 pm

Car wash ????? Wash your mouth out and apply tyre gel naughty boy. :lol:

lexie

Post by lexie » Mon May 11, 2020 4:03 pm

lexie wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 5:02 pm
Do not worry! The XE has a great bonnet mechanism to flick them off and also if the wipers are on auto will get rid of any remaining body parts with the need to get out of the car.
Many a true work spoken in jest! A number of years ago I was travelling down a dual carriageway in my X-type and a very large animal came out of the shrubbery on the central reservation into my dipped headlights. Probably impacted before I even hit the brakes, but was then rear ended and spun 180 degrees finishing up parked backwards on the verge. Anyway, on reaching home in the recovery vehicle, the driver recommended dropping the car in the layby around the corner as it was vary late and he didn't want to wake the whole street manoeuvring. Next morning at 8.30am the man with the bodyshop truck knocked on the door. He said it was like something out of a horror film and that it was a good job the car was black. I'd not seen the car in daylight at that point,, but yeah, it was horrific. Those auto wipers had cleared that screen in perfect arcs. :o Needless to say the car was a write off.
R-Sport 200ps Ammonite grey, parking pack, split fold rear seats, space saver, 14 way seats

Tempest XE S

Post by Tempest XE S » Mon May 11, 2020 4:21 pm

Vespa wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:44 pm
Car wash ????? Wash your mouth out and apply tyre gel naughty boy. :lol:
:lol: Already done! Besides, I had too much fun playing with my new toys.

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 335 BHP / Tempest Grey / 20" Propeller alloys / Black Pack

To come: Ceramic paint coating, chip re-map to 404 BHP, spacers, badge black out