What's in your media system?

The place to discuss everything else..
Kaikoura

What's in your media system?

Post by Kaikoura » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:44 pm

I started a similar thread to this on another Jaguar forum, so let's see how it goes on here...

The idea is that you share the music you are currently listening to in your XE. You don't have to like what others post and if you think you can do better well go for it.

If you can post a music link, or better still a video, then you get bonus points :D

In for a penny, in for a pound... Here is what I am currently listening to. The group is the SIlverson Pickups and album is called Widow's weeds. This track is Neon Wound and is good for another 20+ mph on a nice A road :D

Richard Green

I know what's wrong, and if I could find it, I'd fix it.

2016 XE R-Sport - HJ16XES (Cat); 2004 XKR convertible - RG04XKR (Animal); 1975 Triumph TR6 - HPR30N (Rob)

Indianajons

Re: What's in your media system?

Post by Indianajons » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:21 pm

Whatever’s on Radio Two :lol:
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:30 pm

That's a good track. I usually find music from movies, TV or racing games the explore the artist from there. Lately I have found a few decent ones (Blood Machines soundtrack, also re-listening to Jeff Lynne's "Let it Run" from the Electric Dreams (movie) soundtrack), but after punk beginnings my tastes have really gotten stuck in the 1990s Big Beat with Fluke and Crystal Method in particular (which I caught on to with the Need For Speed Underground games 20 years ago and then have never really moved on). Aside from the odd track from artists like Bassnectar you dont see much of that genre these days.

I will also have a go at some different stuff in the XE which has surround sound, eg dragging out Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, or Moby where you get the benefit of that system.

Here are a couple of tracks from my current USB playlist which I picked to share more for the tasty clips than anything.

2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Kaikoura

Post by Kaikoura » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:04 pm

Indianajons wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:21 pm
Whatever’s on Radio Two :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I stopped listening when Wogan retired.
Richard Green

2016 XE R-Sport - HJ16XES (Cat); 2004 XKR convertible - RG04XKR (Animal); 1975 Triumph TR6 - HPR30N (Rob)

Kaikoura

Post by Kaikoura » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:06 pm

BruceTheQuail wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:30 pm
That's a good track. I usually find music from movies, TV or racing games the explore the artist from there. Lately I have found a few decent ones (Blood Machines soundtrack, also re-listening to Jeff Lynne's "Let it Run" from the Electric Dreams (movie) soundtrack), but after punk beginnings my tastes have really gotten stuck in the 1990s Big Beat with Fluke and Crystal Method in particular (which I caught on to with the Need For Speed Underground games 20 years ago and then have never really moved on). Aside from the odd track from artists like Bassnectar you dont see much of that genre these days.

I will also have a go at some different stuff in the XE which has surround sound, eg dragging out Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, or Moby where you get the benefit of that system.

Here are a couple of tracks from my current USB playlist which I picked to share more for the tasty clips than anything.

Good post :D Really liked the music in the second video.
Richard Green

Kaikoura

Post by Kaikoura » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:53 pm

Jaguar say that the XE has an 8-speed auto gearbox, but that is a lie. There are only two speeds, Joe and Danko, and they are controlled by the media unit. Not a lot of people know this. In Joe mode the drivers window automatically drops so that you can stick you elbow out. In Danko mode you will be in the ditch inside 3 miles :lol:

Joe Mode:

Danko Mode:

Richard Green

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:25 am

I like both of them, they have a date with spotify!

Here are a couple of songs guaranteed to affect your driving style

2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:02 am

Well there's this:

Or this:

And, of course, folks would be soooo disappointed if this wasn't here:

A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Kaikoura

Post by Kaikoura » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:17 pm

Well done guys :D
Richard Green

Phorever

Post by Phorever » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:24 pm

I have a wide range of music on my usb, got in to mudvayne recently but have the likes of Metallica, James, Sether, The Music, prodigy, dmx. I use crystal method as a test for music systems, the sound range and bass drops of keep hope alive are a good test.

MY19 R-Sport i4 petrol 200ps in santorini black with black pack.