Re: SCAM, SCAM, SCAM

Post by BOBCDP » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:58 am

Faltwen wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:47 am
BOBCDP wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:20 am
Faltwen wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:07 am
Our village has just had upgrades, apparently I can now get 300 Mbps instead of the 41 I currently get, although BT want to charge £49.99 per month plus line rental of approx £20 for the privilige.
Just a complete waste of money for most people. No point in paying megabucks for speed you will never need
Absolutely, I'm quite happy with the 41 Mbps I get at the moment. In fact I'm thinking of moving to a new provider as BT does seem rather expensive compared to others.

Definitely worth shopping around when you are out of contract. I look for the cheapest deal and then haggle the price down with the present supplier and if we can't reach a deal, I move on. 70meg broadband and line rental is £23 at the moment on an 18 month contract and all outgoing calls are made on my mobile so no extras. Works for everything, broadband, Sky Q, mobile. For gas and electricity, I just go for the cheapest deal with no penalties for leaving when I please.
Had no success with council tax yet though :D :D :D.

I was on a sim only mobile deal with Plusnet at £6.00/month but like all the rest they jack up the price just a bit every year and hope you don't notice or can't be bothered to move. In 2 years mine had risen from £6.00 to £6.40. Not much I know but what annoys me is that they are still offering the original price to new customers, so I moved. Within a day I had an email offering me the original price price additional data. No thanks I'm gone. Very easy to change suppliers now and keep you number. No hassle at all. Sign up, give them the pac number from your old supplier and they send you a new sim. Install in your phone, fill in a couple of numbers and they give you a new phone number while the existing one is transferred. The complete transfer was completed in under 24 hours.
2020 - MY19 2018 R-Sport 30T AWD, Firenza, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano Roof, Touch Pro Dual,
40/20/40 Folding Seats. Heated s/wheel
2016- 2020 MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

Faltwen

Post by Faltwen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:28 am

I've already been looking at moving broadband from bt. Once you add the line rental it's much dearer than others.
I moved mobile sim only a couple of months back from bt to sky. Got good deal and a lot cheaper plus like you said phone number transferred very quickly.
2016 Jaguar XE Prestige 20T in Bluefire.
Parking pack fitted but not used.

Did have two X Types, a 2.5L then a 2.2L Auto with the dreaded DPF. No more DPF's for me.

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:15 pm

I am lucky as I am bang in the middle of two exchanges about 1 1/4 miles away so I do get fast speed.

phil-c

Post by phil-c » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:56 pm

I’m looking to change from bt to sky next month due to bt prices so high
XE 2L Diesel [180] Portfolio

JAGDH

Post by JAGDH » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:04 pm

PhilB wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:27 am
People can still be struggling with low speed broadband when they could have the much faster "FTC" or fibre to cabinet.
Most roadside cabinets are connected to the exchange using fibre.
Simple to check online how much faster speed you could get if you upgraded.
I was on about 5Mbps with the full copper wire job.
Now on 40Mbps and it's plenty fast enough although my supplier will get it up to 60Mbps for an extra fiver a month.
I lived in Manchester, both in and then very near the city centre, somewhere I never expected to have the issue and was stuck with very sub par internet. I know the pain of not even being able to stream YT.

At the time it frustrated me a bit that rural areas seemed to be getting the investment. I think going forwards I’ll really be looking into the connection speed more, and ideally have Virgin Media.
XE 2L Diesel [180] R-Sport (2015/65 Plate/MY16)