Amazon reviews

The place to discuss everything else..
Alanqs

Amazon reviews

Post by Alanqs » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Fake Amazon reviews are a problem for buyers in that quite a few sellers seem to submit fake reviews with similar wording, often with wording that would not be used by a person with English as their first language and some of them are fairly easy to spot, but I have just experienced a new twist. A means of getting rid of low scoring reviews.

I got a 12v socket for the boot of my XE and it didn't work. I discovered that the earth plate of the connector wasn't coming into contact with the base of the socket because of tiny plastic nibs which were preventing the two pieces of metal contacting each other. I bent the plate on the contact and once re-assembled, it worked. But if you weren't capable with your hands, the device would not have worked at all. I reviewed it on Amazon on that basis and rated it 3 star since the complete package was quite good (i.e. good cabling and in-line fuse, etc.) The average rating of this item was 4.8 stars.

Amazon have just e-mailed me with this:

"Thank you for submitting a review of Sucre Auxiliary ® 12V-24V 120W-250W Power Boat Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Plug + 1 M Cable Ring; we’re sorry you did not have a positive experience. We investigated your concerns about product authenticity, and the information we have indicates that the product you received was authentic. As a result, we removed the review you submitted. This ensures that customer reviews remain as accurate as possible for the benefit of future customers.
We appreciate your input and hope you will continue to submit valuable feedback about your experience shopping on Amazon. "

Good trick, eh? There's no point in contacting Amazon about it as you get brushed off with weasel words. To me, the system of reviews appears to be quite corrupt.
Caldera Red P250 HSE. Clear Sight mirror, powered boot and some other stuff

ChrisGB

Re: Amazon reviews

Post by ChrisGB » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:28 pm

Lesson to be learned here is that when giving reviews, don't get into conjecture. It gives them an excuse to pull the criticism. If you've objective proof of counterfeit goods, you can say that in the review, but if it's just conjecture, it gives them an out.

Can you resubmit?
S 380, ICT Pro, resale grey. Fun and comfy!

Alanqs

Post by Alanqs » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:48 am

That's the point. I didn't say it was fake or counterfeit, I said it didn't work but I fixed it. Defective, not fake.

How can you accuse a random Chinese manufacturer of a simple, random product, of making a counterfeit product?

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:56 am

QC in China is nil.

ChrisGB

Post by ChrisGB » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:32 pm

Best to report the seller to Amazon for review rigging! Was the product bought from Amazon themselves or from an independent seller on Amazon marketplace?
S 380, ICT Pro, resale grey. Fun and comfy!

Alanqs

Post by Alanqs » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:04 am

That's the thing, the e-mail came from Amazon and not the manufacturer via Amazon and it would defeat the entire purpose if the seller could delete reviews on Amazon's web-site.

However, I've submitted a review again, giving it one star this time, and stated that Amazon had deleted the last review and why. Let's see if this one survives.

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Review Amazon on Trustpilot and see what happens then. ;)