Lockdown release!

The place to discuss everything else..
Mitchbitch

Lockdown release!

Post by Mitchbitch » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:57 am

Dear chaps
Having been in the “ particularly vulnerable “ group during this pandemic the poor cat has sat on the mat :lol: in over a hundred days less than 50 miles made ( once a week at the crack of dawn to the grocery shop) I suspect it was a similar pattern for most of us. However now restrictions are eased, we have planned a staycation at the end of the month! Yippee.We live on the south coast and I’m taking the piranha ( sorry dear wife) up to Chester. I’ve booked the zoo as a must, but I’m just politely fishing for any tips as I know a lot of members live in this beautiful part of our country.A couple of things on my wish list are, beautiful drives around north wales and good places to eat in Chester city.Any recommendation are warmly welcome and the excitement is partly the break and get away, but getting back in the XE for a decent road trip is the icing on the cake.
MY20 XE P250s R Dynamic caesium blue

Deleted User 732

Re: Lockdown release!

Post by Deleted User 732 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:30 am

If your wife likes shopping you may like Cheshire Oaks which has loads of outlet shops. I personally find it tedious but my wife likes it ;) Here is a day drive into Wales if you want a nice long drive.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4880&p=57455&hilit= ... ves#p57455
Check out for toilets as many are still closed but the supermarkets seem to have facilities. I think at present Wales isn't opening restaurants etc but if you get into Llandudno try the "Hambone" on Lloyd St has made to order sandwiches and drinks and a sit down outside area if you wish. Parking is easy in Whiston Passage or opposite in Maelgwyn Car park both off Gloddaeth Ave (A546). Make sure your parking tickets are correctly displayed. If you have a Blue Badge it's free in BB spaces otherwise you have to pay.
Conwy is also a nice little place with a few cafe type places but again they may be closed due to Covid 19.
I cannot recommend anything in Chester to eat as we rarely go into the centre these days.
You are around 80 miles from the Trough (Forest ) of Bowland, often missed by many, and about 100miles to the Lakes (Windermere) However I DO NOT recommend the Lakes for eating or parking. If you drive in to a car park and drive straight out many have been fined for not paying.
I hope that is OK for starters and my day drive is just that a whole day. Make sure you take plenty of drinks and some food, just in case.

Jeff123

Re: Lockdown release!

Post by Jeff123 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:26 pm

Liverpool centre around the dock area is quite interesting and not far away. Depends what you like, but I like it.
XE R-Dynamic 180d Eiger Grey MY20