JLR get good write-up in local press, shock ,horror!

The place to discuss everything else..
Gojira

JLR get good write-up in local press, shock ,horror!

Post by Gojira » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:41 pm

There's something wrong with the world... :lol:

My local rag, the Distress and Slur, sorry, Express and Star, actually has a reasonably supportive article about JLR on their website today, covering the production of the 1.5 millionth Ingenium engine:

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/bus ... milestone/

I'm usually quick enough to complain about the D&S when they slag JLR off for having a sales drop during lockdown, so I suppose I should give them credit for a better write up!
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

chrisjp

Re: JLR get good write-up in local press, shock ,horror!

Post by chrisjp » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Although this article is credited to John Corser, the Express & Star's business reporter, it looks to me much more like a press release put together by JLR and then just copied wholesale by Corser. It is nice to see an uncritical report about JLR, of course, but Corser's being a bit lazy!
And what I really want to see is an announcement about the re-opening of the Castle Bromwich factory, so I can finally get the XE I've had on order since mid January.......
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE Prestige 250 PS MY19. Fuji white with oyster leather, privacy glass, xenon lights, heated steering wheel, memory pack, parking pack, Pro navigation 825w, configurable dynamics, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat.

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:27 pm

Oddly enough, your comment about it being a press release was almost exactly what SWMBO said about it :lol:

Then again, the D&S approach to reporting anything involving the emergency services it to type "The police said" (or whichever other service is involved) and then copy and baste the text of a tweet, followed by a link to the tweet...

I'm sure there are real reporters around still, but they do seem to be getting rarer by the day!

I hope your XE turns up soon!
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

JAGDH

Post by JAGDH » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:59 am

Gojira wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:41 pm
There's something wrong with the world... :lol:

My local rag, the Distress and Slur, sorry, Express and Star, actually has a reasonably supportive article about JLR on their website today, covering the production of the 1.5 millionth Ingenium engine:

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/bus ... milestone/

I'm usually quick enough to complain about the D&S when they slag JLR off for having a sales drop during lockdown, so I suppose I should give them credit for a better write up!
And on the bright side, a sales drop means their cars are less common and feels more special :lol:
XE 2L Diesel [180] R-Sport (2015/65 Plate/MY16)

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:42 am

...1.5 millionth Ingenium engine and the Baggies back in the Prem, life is sweet. :D
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:36 pm

Boing, Boing! :D :D :D