Jaguar XE Forum banner

MOT due soon?

5K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  wdig 
G
#1 ·
I have asked my dealer if they are still booking service and MOT's. As of today they are not taking anymore bookings. I have looked at the Gov.uk website and cars, light vans and motorcycles will still require MOT's as of today but that is also under review with the possibility of a 3 month extension already automatically given to lorries, buses etc. The advice was to regularly check back to see if the car etc MOT's will be given the grace period. I have 7 weeks left on my MOT but am concerned as we need the car for shopping and hospital appointments. I would reluctantly use a TAXI as they could be mobile infection units. My wife has had furthur eye surgey defered and is now almost blind in one eye due to a cataract op having complications. ( nobody told her about that possibility when she had them done.)

#2 ·
I had the below email from my local Stratstone dealership.

Following the Government's announcement yesterday evening, I am writing to let you know that all Pendragon owned sales showrooms, including Stratstone, will temporarily close at end of business today, 24 March, until 13 April, or until the Government lifts their restrictions.

My primary focus has been and will remain, the safety and wellbeing of our associates, customers and partners in the communities we serve throughout the United Kingdom. If you have a newly purchased vehicle ready for delivery or if your vehicle is with us for aftersales work one of our associates will be in contact with you today to arrange hand-over.

To provide vital services to first responder vehicles and cars belonging to selected key workers, we will continue to operate servicing and repairs at some of our dealerships. Full details as to which service center locations will remain operational and who can utilise their services can be found on our website stratstone.com

If you are a key worker and we have your vehicle with us for service or repair, we will contact you as a priority to arrange the safe return of your car or a loan car where we have one available. If you have any specific queries please contact your service advisor directly.

We will be contacting all other customers due to visit one of our locations for sales or service to discuss rescheduling your appointment for 13 April, or you can contact your service center directly.

Thank you for your continued support of Stratstone and of our associates at this time. Please stay safe, stay at home and we hope to welcome you back to Stratstone in the near future.

Kind regards

G
#3 ·
Well Aviator, that perhaps sheds light on what "may" be happening generally.gh my dealer charges the MOT fee as recommended I prefer a JLR tester checking it as that is usually the only make that they work on so know the cars inside out, so to speak. If I have to I will use a national outfit.

#4 ·
I'm really glad I booked mine in for its first service two weeks ago, even though it isn't its birthday until Saturday :)

From the look of their website, Lancaster Wolverhampton have stopped sales, and cut back on servicing staff quite a lot, concentrating on work for "Key Workers". I can't honestly say that I blame them!

#5 ·
Aviator said:
I had the below email from my local Stratstone dealership.

Following the Government's announcement yesterday evening, I am writing to let you know that all Pendragon owned sales showrooms, including Stratstone, will temporarily close at end of business today, 24 March, until 13 April, or until the Government lifts their restrictions.

My primary focus has been and will remain, the safety and wellbeing of our associates, customers and partners in the communities we serve throughout the United Kingdom. If you have a newly purchased vehicle ready for delivery or if your vehicle is with us for aftersales work one of our associates will be in contact with you today to arrange hand-over.

To provide vital services to first responder vehicles and cars belonging to selected key workers, we will continue to operate servicing and repairs at some of our dealerships. Full details as to which service center locations will remain operational and who can utilise their services can be found on our website stratstone.com

If you are a key worker and we have your vehicle with us for service or repair, we will contact you as a priority to arrange the safe return of your car or a loan car where we have one available. If you have any specific queries please contact your service advisor directly.

We will be contacting all other customers due to visit one of our locations for sales or service to discuss rescheduling your appointment for 13 April, or you can contact your service center directly.

Thank you for your continued support of Stratstone and of our associates at this time. Please stay safe, stay at home and we hope to welcome you back to Stratstone in the near future.

Kind regards
Just had similar from Hatfields... thank fook I brought my MOT and service booking forward from next Monday to yesterday!

Edit: service already showing on OSH, unlike the last one I had done at Inchcape Derby which took a year of chasing up to appear, so well done Hatfields Sheffield

#7 ·
One of my BMW motorcycles should have been going in for its annual service today, but the dealership has closed down until....whenever :? , the problem i have is the warranty stipulates service within 1 month of the due date, :roll: otherwise its invalid, hopefully they will understand why its well late (timewise) and act accordingly, as i cannot go anywhere on it until the lockdown is lifted. All the 6 trips i had planned until July, at the earliest, have been cancelled. :cry:

#13 ·
Vespa said:
I am searching the VOSA and DVLA websites and cannot find anything to that reference
BBC news website.
Screenshot_2020-03-25 Coronavirus updates India starts lockdown as 1 3 billion told to stay home - BBC News.png

I can only show what is in the media.
If there's nothing on VOSA or DVLA I'm not surprised.
Gov run websites might take a little longer........ :D

Attachments

#18 ·
from the Govt site:

Your vehicle's MOT was due to expire on 3 April 2020.
This will automatically be extended to 3 October 2020. You will need to get your MOT by this date.
Your vehicle will be automatically given a 6-month MOT exemption. This will extend your current MOT expiry date by 6 months.
good, extended MOT expiry date is a good thing! My first MOT is due April 13... email from Jag dealer this morning saying they have basically shut down their service dept.

#22 ·
Friend just phoned garage to cancel MOT booked for Monday 30th... garage said that's fine, we're keeping a list of people that have had to cancel and will contact you sometime within the next six months when restrictions allow

#23 ·
Interesting how they are extending for 6 months. So far the government are telling people they may have to self isolate for 12 weeks. I suspect they know it will take longer than that but don't want to tell people 6 months to reduce panic.

#24 ·
All cars with MOT due after 30th March are being given a six months extension. Cars must be kept roadworthy during this period. I assume you will be able to tax online as normal. Some discrepancy regarding the date as some say it started from Tuesday but if you are affected it will be on the DVLA website.
Stay safe
Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.