Any way to retrieve warranty repair history from Jaguar? (Not Service / OSH)

All Jaguar XE related discussions
JAGDH

Any way to retrieve warranty repair history from Jaguar? (Not Service / OSH)

Post by JAGDH » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if there's any way to get a list of work completed on a car by main dealers? For example would I be able to check somehow what fixes had been made to the car over the years? There were various issues with the earlier XE's that people will have experienced, some of which would have been resolved already by Jaguar whilst in warranty.

My car was Jaguar Used Approved when the previous owner purchased it, and before that would have been covered by the original warranty, so I'm the first owner who isn't covered by some form of Jag warranty and wanted to see if any major work was performed such as engine mounts, timing chains or turbo replacements (All things people have reported here in the past from looking back, most during the first year or two of ownership and fixed under warranty).

Does anything exist like that? I only know of Topix providing the original spec on the free account, and OSH showing servicing only.

Cheers
XE 2L Diesel [180] R-Sport (2015/65 Plate/MY16)

BOBCDP

Re: Any way to retrieve warranty repair history from Jaguar? (Not Service / OSH)

Post by BOBCDP » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:06 pm

I asked for a list of recall and warranty works completed on mine just before the 3 year warranty finished 2 years ago. Stratstone in my case said they could not provide detailed information work sheets but they did give me me a handwritten list of the recall and warranty visits on headed paper. I don’t know if this policy is common to all dealers or Stratstone specific though.
2020 - MY19 2018 R-Sport 30T AWD, Firenza, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano Roof, Touch Pro Dual,
40/20/40 Folding Seats. Heated s/wheel
2016- 2020 MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,