Jaguar XE Forum banner

Hissing noise

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Johnc 
#1 ·
Hi all, my first Jaguar and first ICE automatic. I've noticed a hissing noise when driving. It rises and falls with the RPM as the car moves through the gears. Its not the ending as when in neutral you can rev the engine without the hissing. Its not that noticeable but I seldom have the music on so I can hear it in the cabin. The wife doesn't drive so I don't know if you can hear it outside. I just wondered if this is normal auto box operation. It never changes, so no worse, no better than when I purchased it last month. Its a late 2016 R-Sport 240hp petrol if thats of any bearing. It was serviced by Jaguar and is an approved used so has a 12 month warranty, its done 42000 miles.

#3 ·
As you don't use your sound system and I'm assuming it's not SWMBO hissing at you! Then you're probably hearing the turbo.
It won't hiss when stationary and revving as there's no load.
My P300 petrol turbo is noticeably noisier (more enthusiastic) when I press the right pedal down to the floor :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.