Jaguar XE Forum banner

K452 - Track rod end torque

10K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  GoralGT 
#1 ·
Just spotted this on topic - any clues as I can not see detail ?

#3 ·
I also have this on ours.

R-Sport 200 petrol, not that I think that would matter too much.

Lee.

#4 ·
I think the track rod end is fine, it's just the tightness of the locking nut.
"K452 - Track Rod End Adjusting Locking Nut" is the related document

#8 ·
gsb1970 said:
Mines booked in for next Thursday, dealer said the software update would take longest of the two so I guess it's just an inspiration of the track rod ends?
Software updates on these cars seem to take hours (my last update took 3hrs), so any mechanical job is quick in comparison. :)

#9 ·
Its logged for my car too. The "active stream" entry gives a little more info, referring to a locking nut : "K452 - Track Rod End Adjusting Locking Nut"

#11 ·
I bet they have had a few come loose and they are now nipping the nuts up a bit more.

Not really any surprise with the number of speed bumps that are about. It never ceases to amaze me how fast people go over them. They just don't seem to have any idea, or just don't care, how much strain they put on steering and suspension components.

#12 ·
I've had idiots overtake me on speed bumps and I'm not crawling.
One guy two cars in front lost control overtaking on one and hit the other car - imagine explaining that one :oops:

G
#13 ·
BOBCDP said:
I bet they have had a few come loose and they are now nipping the nuts up a bit more.

Not really any surprise with the number of speed bumps that are about. It never ceases to amaze me how fast people go over them. They just don't seem to have any idea, or just don't care, how much strain they put on steering and suspension components.
That type of driver is like my Professional lorry driver next door. He never services any of his cars and only fixes something when the MOT fails it. He takes their cars occasionally for a wash at the local slave labour wash. He had an under inflated tyre for at least 6 weeks before noticing it. The sort of if the car went over a bump in the road then you would hear the rim hit the road. Sadly his daughter cannot pass her driving test as he gave up on the pro instructor and started teaching her himself. 3 goes up to now that we are aware of and possibly another with a driving instructor. I suppose the underbonnet area is a mystery waiting to be solved. :D

#14 ·
Vespa said:
That type of driver is like my Professional lorry driver next door. He never services any of his cars and only fixes something when the MOT fails it.
At least he takes it for an MOT. From the end of my drive I can see 3 cars parked on the road that haven't had road tax, MOT's or insurance since 2015 (and juding by the noises that come from them when they drive past, haven't been serviced in a similar timeframe). DVLA don't give a hoot. Police can't do anything unless they see the car being driven and their ANPR cameras happen to be active and flag it up.
</rant>

G
#15 ·
FourFoot said:
Vespa said:
That type of driver is like my Professional lorry driver next door. He never services any of his cars and only fixes something when the MOT fails it.
At least he takes it for an MOT. From the end of my drive I can see 3 cars parked on the road that haven't had road tax, MOT's or insurance since 2015 (and juding by the noises that come from them when they drive past, haven't been serviced in a similar timeframe). DVLA don't give a hoot. Police can't do anything unless they see the car being driven and their ANPR cameras happen to be active and flag it up.
</rant>
You can report it to your community officer asking for anonimity and he will have no choice but to inform traffic and the process will be completed. It all depends on what you feel happy with. Some people just turn a blind eye and wait for the grapevine to get through that the person has been caught. It's sad really as nobody likes doing any reporting of neighbours. I can't do it and just hope and wait sometimes. We had a chap doing exactly the same but DVLA arrived and took his car away on a truck. I think he was caught out by not taxing or declaring SORN. That was the days of the paper tax disc.

#18 ·
GoralGT said:
Hi Guys,
I need a place where I can buy a front track rod end and toe rod.
Do you know any online stores which sells those parts ? I phoned jaguar and for above two it's 250 :).
Thanks
Seriously £250, is someone having a laugh! These are common parts and should cost less than £20. Seeing these sort of silly prices makes me wonder whether I shouldn't be thinking about chopping my Jag in for something with a more sensible approach to spares prices.

#19 ·
You can find plenty for xf or other jags but I can't find any for sensible prices I found them on justjags website but price was the same as at jag dealers :) so no much luck with them for now.

Used to when I was on other forums there was parts sellers or recommended suppliers :) I was thinking you guys know someone like that.

#23 ·
It wouldn't surprise me to find that the XF and XE track-rod ends are the same. We used to find that a lot with parts, only listed under one model. Direct comparison is the best way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.