Jaguar XE Forum banner

Jag Service Scheme

8K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  DannyOllis 
#1 ·
What are your thoughts on the service schemes Jag offer?

It's been mentioned that with my nearly new XE 2.0D 180 I can opt for 5 year service cover for £500(something).

I know these engines aren't hungry for services and are certainly not on the expensive side. Whats the consensus? It sounds like a good deal but I only do 8-10,000 miles a year.

Cheers,
Matt

#2 ·
I think the plans are good value. I took out the three year plan for my petrol 240 for just over £400.

When you add up the stupid cost of the oil (£17/£18 a litre :shock: ) that soon takes up a fair amount of the initial outlay.

Bob

#3 ·
Yep, if you are going to keep the car past a couple of services then definitely worth it.
A service on mine was over £400 :shock:
As Bob says a lot of which is for the oil which is hideously expensive from the dealer.

#5 ·
For me it's well worth it as I got them to throw in the high mileage plan for free when I ordered the car (so try bartering with them), even if they hadn't I'd have still gone for it as I do about 90,000 miles over the 3 years I keep cars so the servicing and adblue top-ups made it a no-brainer, even at full price.

#6 ·
£400 or £500 is certainly a good deal - no mention of the scheme was made to us. We only do about 5000m a year in the Jag, but I'm a firm believer in annual oil and filter changes, even at that low mileage, and even though I predominantly don't use the XE for short trips. But - does the deal include oil and filter every 12 months, irrespective of mileage??

#7 ·
As you have the 240 petrol (same as mine) the cost is for a full service every year, oil, filters etc.

Service interval is yearly or every 10K for the 2 litre petrol engined cars.

Bob

G
#8 ·
Matt,

We picked up our Jaguar approved 180 RSport last weekend, it came with the first two services free, we were told this was. Jaguar initiative.

What does the 5 year service cover include, the diesel service interval is two years 21k miles, so it might not cover as many services as you think dependant on the age if your car.

Cheers

#12 ·
I too had good service yesterday. The engine amber warning light came on the previous day whilst driving back from a n E-pace presentation(!).
A 'Jagman and van' duly showed up at my house and found an O2 sensor connector pin faulty. Problem fixed very promptly and he didn't even want a cup of tea! First problem in 7 months ownership. Impressive.

#13 ·
myquest said:
First problem in 7 months ownership.
It's called karma.
Just your car giving you a warning about even thinking of being disloyal and looking at an E-Pace.
You do know it's watching you don't you.........?
:mrgreen:

#15 ·
I am very impressed with having service intervals so long apart or with so much mileage done (either/or) but personally I would like at least an oil/filter change once a year. If I were to do this either myself or private garage would this affect my warranty....would the Jag Big Brother know when I bring it in for its Jaguar service?

#16 ·
I bought the jaguar service plan as part of the deal with my car, do you receive anything to say you have whatever plan as it's been 6 weeks now and nothing.

#18 ·
My 5 yr. Service card and Plan details arrived within 3 weeks

#19 ·
Hi All,
Car is in for service tomorrow, they said it would be a more minor service, such as oil change, tightening of a few bits and 3 software updates. This will be the car's first service and has done 17,000 miles. Does anyone know exactly what they mean by "tightening of a few bits"? And does the software update mean that I'll get the lovely new round digital speedo?

#20 ·
My 2016 came with a 3 year service plan (or 2 yr for my Diesel) which just got done last week.
Only feedback I got was a sheet full of green bars and tyre depth measurements.
The good news is that I can go for another 2 years before paying for the next one.

#21 ·
Steeveyboy said:
I am very impressed with having service intervals so long apart or with so much mileage done (either/or) but personally I would like at least an oil/filter change once a year. If I were to do this either myself or private garage would this affect my warranty....would the Jag Big Brother know when I bring it in for its Jaguar service?
I doubt you'll get the new speedo, each one has been different hardware I believe.

#22 ·
DannyOllis said:
Hi All,
Car is in for service tomorrow, they said it would be a more minor service, such as oil change, tightening of a few bits and 3 software updates. This will be the car's first service and has done 17,000 miles. Does anyone know exactly what they mean by "tightening of a few bits"? And does the software update mean that I'll get the lovely new round digital speedo?
The earlier cars collected quite a few outstanding campaigns which should be done at the first service.
One of which was to check the track-rod end torque so that's probably what they mean.
Digital speedo is only on My18 cars with the ICTPro I'm afraid.

G
#23 ·
irishtaff said:
My 2016 came with a 3 year service plan (or 2 yr for my Diesel) which just got done last week.
Only feedback I got was a sheet full of green bars and tyre depth measurements.
The good news is that I can go for another 2 years before paying for the next one.
Taff I think you still have another free service to come as mine is 2 services and the car is diesel on 2 yearly services.

#24 ·
Ian d said:
I bought the jaguar service plan as part of the deal with my car, do you receive anything to say you have whatever plan as it's been 6 weeks now and nothing.
Give your dealer a chase I'd say. My paperwork and card came through about a week after I got the car. Not sure if they still send out the cards though - when I got mine the dealership wasn't sure if they still sent them (turns out they did at the time). I've never needed it though.

#25 ·
Is there a number to call regarding the service plan as I have a feeling I'm being mugged off. I get the usual, we're chasing it up and we're waiting back for confirmation etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.