Windscreen Washer Fluid Loss

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
PhilB

Re: Windscreen Washer Fluid Loss

Post by PhilB » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:44 am

Mine is in today to have the headlamp washers replaced.
Interestingly, they said since I was in before Xmas to book it in, they have replaced the washers on a further two XE's.
Putting that across the country then quite a few are having the issue.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:36 am

After having the headlamp washers replaced it seems all is back in order.
No leaks or drips.
I should add that this "fix" was for the dripping/leaks from under the front bumper on the nearside.
Not the issues with leaking from the actual tank area that some have had.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Astonatic

Post by Astonatic » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:50 am

added 3 litres today since last check 3 weeks ago. No puddles, water consumption reasonable considering weather and state of roads. Problem solved but how jaguar are going to react to the solution is anyone's guess!

mistral_blue

Post by mistral_blue » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:39 am

Mine are STILL leaking despite having been 'fixed'... Will be going in to workshop in just over 1000 miles for my first Service since buying so going to get them to sort it once and for all hopefully, along with annoying transmission/oil cooler whine (which also still hasn't been fixed) :cry: Not good enough for a £40k car...
XE S - Ultimate Black + Ebony/Oyster seats + 19" Venoms. ICT Pro, 10x10 seats, Panoramic roof, 40:20:40 rear seats, Power mirrors and steering column, APA Pack + Surround Camera, Adaptive Lighting/Cold Climate/Road Technology (HUD/ACC) Packs

mistral_blue

Post by mistral_blue » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:26 pm

Car has been back to Harwoods for my first service, p/s washer jet replaced so hopefully now fixed... will let you know!
XE S - Ultimate Black + Ebony/Oyster seats + 19" Venoms. ICT Pro, 10x10 seats, Panoramic roof, 40:20:40 rear seats, Power mirrors and steering column, APA Pack + Surround Camera, Adaptive Lighting/Cold Climate/Road Technology (HUD/ACC) Packs

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Mon May 21, 2018 5:30 pm

PhilB wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:36 am
After having the headlamp washers replaced it seems all is back in order.
No leaks or drips.
I should add that this "fix" was for the dripping/leaks from under the front bumper on the nearside.
Not the issues with leaking from the actual tank area that some have had.
This weekend, I noticed a leak in exactly the same place you have described PhilB. I topped up the screenwash reservoir with some blue coloured screenwash and put a cup under the leak. Bingo! the leaking fluid is blue so confirming where it is coming from. It seems like another trip to my dealer to get it sorted along with the stop/start. It's a great car, but these little niggles let it down.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue May 22, 2018 8:09 am

I think they must have had a dodgy batch from whichever manufacturer makes them.
Mine have been fine since being replaced.
Make sure they replace both sides as that was standard procedure when I had mine done.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue May 22, 2018 11:26 am

.Valeo????
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

mistral_blue

Post by mistral_blue » Thu May 24, 2018 9:26 am

Just an update on mine as promised - not leaking now after replacement. Not sure they did both sides though (who knows these days with electronic service records you never see), but tbh as long as it's fixed, I'm happy!

FredXE

Post by FredXE » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:37 am

After hard braking, e.g. someone turning out in front of you, I experience a strong whiff of washer fluid though the vents. Immediately after such an event there is a spill under the bonnet around the filler cap and some dripping under the car. The loss of fluid is significant but when the tank is below half full this is no longer an issue. There is no slow leak creating a puddle under the car if stationary, just the tell tale smell of washer fluid after braking.

I will now try to make a seal like Astonatic’s bottle cap fix described earlier in this thread. Looking through the posts there are several reports on leaking reservoirs and headlight washers but no link to braking. With the forward pointing filling tube there is probably a wave hitting the lid from beneath. Have any of you with recent builds seen a redesign of the filler cap with e.g. a seal or a washer or is it still just the blue plastic cap?
XE 2.0d 180 auto, 1AB Grey, ICTP

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”