Jaguar XE Forum banner

Taken the plunge! Order Placed!

5K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Jrobo10 
#1 ·
Today I took the plunge! Ordered myself a 18MY XE R - Sport 250PS AWD Automatic in Fuji white!

Now for the painstaking 3 month wait until delivery!

Thanks for the pointers and heads up from all other members much appreciated!

#4 ·
Welcome. the time will fly by if you don't keep thinking about it.

#6 ·
I've just got the 250 rwd two days ago !
Really sweet engine - refined, smooth and quiet.
Just need to be patient and run in before unleashing !

#13 ·
BLZeebub said:
Cool, i was talking to my bike mechanic and his missus got a steal of a deal on an SLC at just under 30K. Then she got a nasty shock as the sticker price was over 40K!
B-)
Yeah I can imagine that coming as quite a shock! I'm eligible for 20% discount on the JLR range as I work for TATA steel , so managed to get a lovely discount on it also!

#14 ·
Aiui - Has to be list price including list price of any extras. Pity its so difficult to add anything after delivery - perhaps a pointer to JLR to make it easier to dealer retrofit - for instance spare wheel - for models such as mid range XEs whose price approaches 40k.

#15 ·
Mine was just under 36k. I also get the Tata discount, and much appreciated it is

#16 ·
Good luck with not thinking about it for the next 3 months. I've been waiting since early January (picking it up mid April) and I'm pretty sure I've watched every single Jag video on youtube, read dozens of reviews and gone through thousands of posts in this forum (sort posts by most replies and you can get sucked in for hours/days). It's incredibly distracting waiting for a new car :lol:

#17 ·
denizined said:
Good luck with not thinking about it for the next 3 months. I've been waiting since early January (picking it up mid April) and I'm pretty sure I've watched every single Jag video on youtube, read dozens of reviews and gone through thousands of posts in this forum (sort posts by most replies and you can get sucked in for hours/days). It's incredibly distracting waiting for a new car :lol:
Haha yes it's not going to be easy at all! I have found myself doing similar to what you describe already :roll:

#18 ·
Little update!

I am booked in for Handover on Tuesday 22nd May! With a little over 8 weeks lead time I am very impressed!
Been told the dealer already have my car in the showroom which is more irritating then the previous 7 week wait :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.