Jaguar XE Forum banner

Flat battery

10K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  redhot ES 
#1 ·
So.last on here with battery problem back in mid Feb,went on long run well 90 mins one way (long for me) next day no probs starting, couple days later, again no probs. So 7 weeks later (today) flat as a pancake.

Been in a warm garage for the duration and disconnected the dash cam, what the hell is going on. Before the car went in for a update, every thing was fine. Since then the stop start has not worked and I get the battery problem.

Maybe I have been lucky but all my other German cars have never had a problem, getting fed up.

Got a charger, so giving that a go. Do I need to take the battery off or can I do it in situ.

#27 ·
#28 ·
So fully charged battery to 12 days later, went to start car and nothing.

Taking it to Jag garage in Perpignan tomorrow.

I assume a 2 year old car with 13,000 Klms on the clock that has always been garaged will not need a new battery, got full 3 year cover over here on parts labour and servicing, do you think battery would be included.

G
#29 ·
redhot ES said:
So fully charged battery to 12 days later, went to start car and nothing.

Taking it to Jag garage in Perpignan tomorrow.

I assume a 2 year old car with 13,000 Klms on the clock that has always been garaged will not need a new battery, got full 3 year cover over here on parts labour and servicing, do you think battery would be included.
Some cars have had faulty batteries and have had them replaced under warranty. If you have fitted non JLR specific electrics, eg dash cam then possibly not as my dealer automatically rejects and claims inf they are fitted.

#30 ·
Thanks,

Will take dash cam off before I go tomorrow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.