Jaguar XE Forum banner

Black 20d with 20" matte brass Propellar (wrapped with foliatec bronze metallic)

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  the_koe 
#1 ·
this was planned to be a color test with a foliatec wrap painting, but every time i look at it i like it more. decided to paint them next week. When it gets a bit darker (4pm indirect sun) it looks like gunmetal.

Due to my experience with Foliatec, i recommend to grind all areas with 800+ paper to get a better grip for the painting. I did not care about the (high quality!) original painting as there was some minor damage which has to be corrected anyway.

Let me know your thoughts.

Br
KOE

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Property
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Plant Automotive tire
Wheel Plant Tire Hood Light
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Bluefire said:
My thoughts are that I'd like to live in that house! 😬

Oh, and yes, like the wheels, looking good.
the house is up for Sales... just need the pocket money of 1.7 MEUR 😉

#5 ·
147daytona said:
They look really good against the black bodywork.
Did you remove the tyres to do this?
no, you need the Tires to be mounted, otherwise you strip off the coating by mounting them. conclusively the lufetime of the wrap ends with changing the tires.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Attachments

#6 ·
:shock: That is one futuristic gaff you have there! Can you give us a guided video tour of the inside? :p

As much as I like black cars, I don't really feel it on the XE. It seems to take away some of it's beauty.

Wheels look nice though.

#7 ·
the_koe said:
Bluefire said:
My thoughts are that I'd like to live in that house! 😬

Oh, and yes, like the wheels, looking good.
the house is up for Sales... just need the pocket money of 1.7 MEUR 😉
Ahh, now if only the exchange rate was a little better! 😬

#8 ·
billvega said:
:shock: That is one futuristic gaff you have there! Can you give us a guided video tour of the inside? :p

As much as I like black cars, I don't really feel it on the XE. It seems to take away some of it's beauty.

Wheels look nice though.
unfortunately not my house, then i would have the f type in front of it ... or the XE SVR 😃
regarding the color, fully agree. I was looking for an ammunite grey like yours which gives some contrast to the black pack, but could not find it with the extras i was looking for. Red is probably the most exciting color i would say... as the red S in all advertisements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.