Jaguar XE Forum banner

Mats

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  NewLester de Rocin 
#1 ·
Morning All,

As i may be getting close to finally pulling the trigger i've started looking at a few bits & pieces. One thing on the list is rubber mats as i'm often end up tracking mud in the car! From what i can see, the AWD has different mats to the standard - is that correct? As the AWD specified mats don't seem to be too common, is there much difference and can you bodge a standard set if required. Mats may well form part of my bargaining strategy with the sales guy!

Cheers
Nat
B-)

#6 ·
Vespa said:
Get the car with nice carpet mats and go to Halfords and get a set of rubber ones cheaply and just put them over the good mats when you know you are going out to muddy places.
:D Vespa ROCKS.
He's on the right strategy, in my opinion.

No matter which carpet or rubber version you choose, Jaguar's own mats are JUST a tad too short to cover the area you personally expect a luxury mat to cover on the floor. The pattern on the mats is nice, the ingot is a nice extra touch… but you'll still find yourself saying "why is it so small-I need more up the side over here"

Consider a browse through a shop or website as the way to find your perfect personal set of mats. Some things just HAVE TO be added on afterward to stamp the car as YOURS.

...And they are right. It's time to place your order, or you'll make yourself nuts.

#7 ·
Cheers guys, all much appreciated.

Assuming there's no good reason to pull out, i think this is the one. Hopefully, the spec listed is correct and there's nothing wrong with it - apart from the Stop/Start!

B-)

G
#9 ·
NewLester de Rocin said:
............What's wrong with Stop/Start?
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing at all and using it has now caused the UK to have global warming this week at 30C plus. :lol: :lol: :lol: Also it keeps me inside answering S/S questions in the cool of my living room rather than being outside cooking myself in the sun. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#10 ·
Vespa said:
NewLester de Rocin said:
............What's wrong with Stop/Start?
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing at all and using it has now caused the UK to have global warming this week at 30C plus. :lol: :lol: :lol: Also it keeps me inside answering S/S questions in the cool of my living room rather than being outside cooking myself in the sun. :lol: :lol: :lol:
... :D and I find it does the same thing to the ladies passing by my XE! They hear the engine repeatedly start up while they're waiting at the crosswalk---it draws their attention and warms them up nearly 30C plus.
How else will I get so many smiles from the ladies when I'm at my age? :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.