Jaguar XE Forum banner

Premium Brands Crash in JD Power Dependability Survey 2018

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  BRC 
#1 ·
Well no surprise as more High Tech goes into the Premium Brand Products, the dependability of this tech is hitting the premium manufacturers customer experince. So although our favourite tech topics on this forum on the XE are Stop/start, Infotainment (Bluetooth, DAB, Satnav), we are not alone and it would appear not as bad , Jaguar came second in the Premium brands behind Mercedes, but nothing to shout about as Mercedes was 14th! But good news, you wouldn't want to be in the boardroom of BMW UK today, they finished rock bottom :eek: and along way out on their own

Overall dependability is determined by the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (PP100), with a lower score reflecting higher quality.
Half my household is happy as my wife drives a Hyundai I10 the number 1 car for dependability and I can confirm that her car now 3.5 years old and 30,000 miles has only been in for services, is well screwed together, has all the Hi-tech my XE has. The XE has been very reliable but has had to visit the Jaguar garage outside of the normal service to sort out issues, that just don't happen on the Hyundai.

Here are the most dependable car brands based on the J.D Power 2018 UK Vehicle Dependability Study ranked by problems per 100 vehicles:

1. Hyundai - 78

2. Suzuki - 87

3. Kia - 94

4. Skoda - 97

5. Nissan - 100

6. SEAT - 102

7. Dacia - 105

8. Peugeot - 107

9. Toyota - 109

10. Vauxhall - 113

11. Honda - 115

12. Ford - 116

13. VW - 119

14. Mercedes-Benz - 124

15. Mazda - 127

16. Industry Average - 128

17. Jaguar - 137

18. Volvo - 138

19. Renault - 139

20. MINI - 153

21. Citroen - 164

22. Land Rover - 169

23. Audi - 175

24. Fiat - 177

25. BMW - 192

See less See more
#3 ·
ColinR said:
Totally off topic but why in your post does BMW UK act as a link to Amazon. Specifically to a charger point advert?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electric-EV-Charging-commercial-manufactured/dp/B01N12OVZI?tag=mokownclu-21

Even more weird the same applies to my post :shock:
I've been noticing this as well and it seems to be random phrases or words being selected as links for advertising purposes I think.
I'll give Rob a nudge and see if he has any ideas why.
Plus you can go back to the same thread a few minutes later and the "link" has gone.
:?

#5 ·
I have that as well as of this morning.
If I clear my history (which I do quite often) then logging back on here I get a big green screen with the "accept cookies" type thing.
That privacy settings thing seems to be linked to that about sharing data.
I have turned them all off.

#6 ·
PhilB said:
I have that as well as of this morning.
If I clear my history (which I do quite often) then logging back on here I get a big green screen with the "accept cookies" type thing.
That privacy settings thing seems to be linked to that about sharing data.
I have turned them all off.
When I wrote the topic 'BMW UK' did not appear as a link in 'preview', but it did once 'submitted'

#7 ·
Domfow said:
When I wrote the topic 'BMW UK' did not appear as a link in 'preview', but it did once 'submitted'
It does appear to be a bit random as sometimes looking at the post it's a link then other times it isn't.
I've posted in the Website Issues section about it.

#9 ·
I'm only getting it on this site and no others, not even the "sister" forums.
Rob is looking into it on the website issues topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.