Jaguar XE Forum banner

Warranty / Assistance documentation

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Chak59 
#1 ·
Purchased an approved used XE from Inchape Chester around a month ago but haven't received any documentation regarding the warranty or Jaguar Assistance. Do they still do paper copies or is everything now online?

#2 ·
When I acquired mine a "Warrenty" booklet came with it which suggested I should present it when making a warrenty claim. Earlier this week i dropped the car in for some work and when I offered the booklet the dealer said they diid not need that. I guess if it is obvious from the registration plate and details the dealer can readily access then they can quickly establish if the car is under 3 years old.
Essentially I wouldn't let the lack of a paper warrenty hold you back but perhaps going forward you should ask and receive. I'm also assuming new cars still come with this paper copy and again one should at least ask.

#5 ·
Thanks for your replies.

I contacted Inchape Chester and was told that Jaguar dealt with warranty / assistance issues and could sometimes be slow (nearly a month?) and that I should call them. On calling Jaguar I was transferred to their outsourced provider (presumably Car Care Plan as stated above). They informed me that I wasn't registered for either warranty or assistance and to get back to the dealer. How I love being passed from pillar to post without anyone taking responsibility!

As Inchape Chester aren't very helpful, I've now escalated to Inchape's central customer services team to see what is going on. I'm guessing that Inchape Chester haven't bothered to register my car, but we'll see. Nice to know that I've been running around for nearly a month without the assistance cover!

#8 ·
Well at least Inchape customer services are quick to reply.

They've told me that I am indeed registered for the above, in direct contradiction to what I was told earlier by Jaguar. I called Jaguar to see what was going on and was told that I was registered - it had happened earlier this morning! Basically, if I hadn't raised the issue I wouldn't be registered, with all the potential aggravation that could entail. Imagine being stuck in the wilds and calling Jaguar assistance only to be told that they'd never heard of me!

It really isn't good enough from Inchape. They should be big enough to admit their mistakes - not go behind my back, register my car and pretend that it had always been registered. The email that I received from them was a copy and paste straight out of the customer services fob-off manual. "We apologise for any inconvenience". "Further training will be provided to staff if necessary". The sort of thing I would expect from an energy / telecom supplier - not a supposed premium brand like Jaguar.

#10 ·
Don't worry, I'm enjoying the XE!

I just wish Inchape could act like gown-ups and say "Yes we made a mistake and have now rectified it" rather than wasting my time with calls and emails to customer services.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.