Jaguar XE Forum banner

Online service history

7K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Chak59 
#1 ·
I suppose I'm old fashioned and have always had a manually stamped service record book before.

Purchasing an approved used XE recently, I was given a print of an online service history (only a PDI as it happens), but no web address was given. What will happen if I don't have the car serviced by a Jaguar dealer in future? How do I maintain the service history?

#2 ·
Mine had its first service by a Jaguar dealer over a year ago. They have yet to upload anything to the online service history. Fortunately I do have a paper copy which shows it was done.

#3 ·
Maccyn said:
Mine had its first service by a Jaguar dealer over a year ago. They have yet to upload anything to the online service history. Fortunately I do have a paper copy which shows it was done.
Thanks for your response. How do you actually get access to the online history? Is there a web address?

#4 ·
#5 ·
Hi

Once you have registered and can access your online service history

If you click on "view service history" there seems to be links to "ADD JAGUAR SERVICE". and "ADD NON-JAGUAR SERVICE"

I haven't tried as my car was serviced by Jaguar dealer and they uploaded the details

#6 ·
#8 ·
Phil,

Still the same. I'll try again tomorrow. It would have been good if Inchape had given it to me when I bought the car - I suspect I will be having my XE serviced outside of main dealers.

As an aside, well done for getting rid of the idiot who claimed to have multiple Jaguars but who could barely write English. These sites need to be moderated, otherwise they stoop to the lowest common denominator.

#9 ·
I had my first service in May and it was not recorded until I went back a few weeks later with a couple of issues and reminded them. It should be put on straight after the service but obviously depends on how someone feels on the day.

#10 ·
Chak59 said:
Phil,

Still the same. I'll try again tomorrow. It would have been good if Inchape had given it to me when I bought the car - I suspect I will be having my XE serviced outside of main dealers.

As an aside, well done for getting rid of the idiot who claimed to have multiple Jaguars but who could barely write English. These sites need to be moderated, otherwise they stoop to the lowest common denominator.
I had the grey out again today after opening the link when it came up with the language option.
I left it for about a minute and then got the "country" to select and it came up ok.
I just think it's slow but it will get there eventually.

As regard our "visitor" I banned him last year from the F-Type forums and Rob banned him from the Velar forums as he was on there at the same time.
I've now booted him off here twice and I've briefed the Mods on the F-Pace forums in case he appears there.
Got to admire his persistence though...................... :lol:

G
#12 ·
I think that the online service history was to stop all the fake service records on paper. It wasn't hard to buy a rubber stamp with a dealer look to it and stamp the service book to make it look official. Only a genuine service is now recordable by a Jaguar dealer. I assume that independants can register to provide service details but I would imagine at a cost thus kicking out the cheap jack twisters that forged documents. I am not saying who but I knew someone I worked with who stamped up VW Audi service books for a small fee. Another big money twist is the winding back of the electronic clocks on cars, for a fee, to avoid paying for extra mileage on PCP cars. The cars that are bought for 6000 miles max and then 15p per mile over the 6000 limit. There are loads of those fiddled cars on the road.

#13 ·
I've just been able to check my online service history OK. There is also an option to add a non-Jaguar service!

Anyhow, my question, my petrol XE first registered/delivered 1/9/17, and online says service due 1/9/18 or at 16,000 miles as I expected. So why have I had messages counting down to "Service due in zero miles" at 5,600 miles and 45 days early?

G
#16 ·
Still standing, your countdown is correct to give you ample time to book it in. It works on time or distance and in your case it is time. You may also find that because of the low mileage (as I do) that the next service mileage will be reduced but not the time.

#17 ·
Murrow said:
Ease of access might be browser related. I couldn't get the web pages to load properly when using MS Edge but Google Chrome worked perfectly.
Thanks for the advice - Google Chrome worked perfectly and I'm now registered.

I noticed on the website that there was mention of an OSH manual, presumably containing details of what needs doing at each service, so next task is to find it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.