Jaguar XE Forum banner

Incontrol remote premium renewal

40K views 77 replies 31 participants last post by  Paulclarkie 
G
#1 ·
Well, I renewed my Incontrol remote @£30 and was not offered renewal of Incontrol remote PREMIUM. After several calls to JLR CRC I was eventually told it was part of Incontrol remote and would renew. OH NO IT DOESN'T!!! :evil: So today a day after it's expiry I have Incontrol Remote but not Premium, so I have been back on to JLR CRC to get it sorted. I am awaiting a phone call. And before anyone asks No I did not get a reminder to renew the Premium at the time of the Incontrol remote. I am not very happy with this situation as it seems JLR do not know their anus from their olecranon.

#27 ·
BOBCDP said:
Ah this must be a fix for everything on the remote app.
I think it is Bob.
I think it is just re-pairing the car with the incontrol servers at Jaguar.
A bit like a remote kick up the arse.

I had two goes until It worked properly the problem being on the first two times I drove off when it had started it's slow flash.
It presumably hadn't finished doing it's business.
Third time I stayed put until it stopped flashing completely.
Has been perfect ever since with journeys only taking a few minutes to appear on the app.

G
#28 ·
How come Jagaur messed me about for nearly 4 weeks and were unable to tell me that??? I actually think that many members on here know more about the XE's foibles and what needs fixing and how than JLR themselves. :lol: :lol:

#29 ·
Vespa said:
How come Jagaur messed me about for nearly 4 weeks and were unable to tell me that??? I actually think that many members on here know more about the XE's foibles and what needs fixing and how than JLR themselves. :lol: :lol:
I agree Vespa, as with another post of mine, techs only need to know how to work diagnostic equipment, if that doesn't fix it, then back to JLR, in the older days, the technicians at Ford Dealerships used to feed back problems and fixes to the factory, there is certainly no inquisitive diagnostics performed by the JLR tech's. And for the hourly rate charged I find this surprisingly poor.

#30 ·
Vespa said:
Ignore the moaning buggers and hopefully they will all go away and stop bothering us!! :D :D :D

The norm for most companies now unless you use Maskbook. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very true!!
PhilB said:
BOBCDP said:
Ah this must be a fix for everything on the remote app.
I think it is Bob.
I think it is just re-pairing the car with the incontrol servers at Jaguar.
A bit like a remote kick up the arse.

I had two goes until It worked properly the problem being on the first two times I drove off when it had started it's slow flash.
It presumably hadn't finished doing it's business.
Third time I stayed put until it stopped flashing completely.
Has been perfect ever since with journeys only taking a few minutes to appear on the app.
I'll have another go Phil and try your method and see what happens.

robertW said:
Alternatively, trowel on the charm to get priority ?
I've been all sweetness and light up to now, but all I get back is that sodding "Your email is important to us" etc etc.

Maybe they have sent the whole of CRC on a summer jolly somewhere for services to ignoring customers.

#33 ·
Hi Macbroon,
I phoned the Customer Relationship Centre on 0345 3032 303, the number given at the end of the In-Control site Q&A list.
They phoned back 2 hours later to say it was now set up and advised about the reset procedure to get it functioning.

#38 ·
Macbroon said:
Just a quick update. That's me sorted, full in control remote premium functionality restored following a phone call to CRC and a system reboot as prev described.
Cheers Guys
Did you get any notification after the phone call that anything had changed, or did you just call and then do the reset thing? I called but have had no indication that they have actually done anything yet...

#39 ·
No they told me they would look into it and get back to me within 48 hours.. Didn't hear anything further so decided to try the reset again after a couple of days, this time it worked, and the app now shows my subscription is active for both In control protect and In control premium.
The whole process seems a bit disjointed and hit or miss tbh

#40 ·
Odd how our experiences differ so much.
Paid £30 (online) for renewal of InControl Remote.
Phoned JLR Customer Experience Centre with the problem of no way to renew Premium.
As requested on the phone, E-mailed JLR CEC the receipt for the £30.
JLR CEC e-mailed me an acknowledgement and will advise when connected.
JLR CEC e-mailed me next day advising InControl Remote Premium had been set up.
Opened up app on phone and lo and behold connected to car with access to all Premium features, no reset, no uninstalling the app and reinstalling.
Easy, absolutely no problems.

I wonder how I will get on next year?
Hopefully, having taken 3 years not to have sorted out Premium they will take at least another 7 years to sort it, if not you can bet your bottom dollar that the renewal cost will be way above £30 !!!

G
#41 ·
XES Owner said:
Odd how our experiences differ so much.
Paid £30 (online) for renewal of InControl Remote.
Phoned JLR Customer Experience Centre with the problem of no way to renew Premium.
As requested on the phone, E-mailed JLR CEC the receipt for the £30.
JLR CEC e-mailed me an acknowledgement and will advise when connected.
JLR CEC e-mailed me next day advising InControl Remote Premium had been set up.
Opened up app on phone and lo and behold connected to car with access to all Premium features, no reset, no uninstalling the app and reinstalling.
Easy, absolutely no problems.

I wonder how I will get on next year?
Hopefully, having taken 3 years not to have sorted out Premium they will take at least another 7 years to sort it, if not you can bet your bottom dollar that the renewal cost will be way above £30 !!!
You had a similar experience to me but I wasted around £15 in phone calls over 4 weeks. Only an email to managers sorted it and no faffing with button pressing. If I had known that pressing button B would connect it I would have done so.( I think those type of phone boxes have been discontinued. :lol: :lol: )

#43 ·
robertW said:
Don't be too hard on Jaguar. They are focused on making great motorcars and could be forgiven if IT gizmos take 2nd place (or maybe 3rd ? ) :D
How long have you been working for them in the PR department 😂?

#45 ·
I've got another 1 1/2 years before I have to renew mine, with a bit of luck Jaguar may have gotten on top of this by then to make the process trouble free :D

#46 ·
I renewed the incontrol app - all good except I can no longer get to or see the remotes tart feature. the one thing I really use. Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

#47 ·
jono49 said:
I renewed the incontrol app - all good except I can no longer get to or see the remotes tart feature. the one thing I really use. Any ideas/suggestions welcome.
That's why Rooney doesn't drive a Jag... no remote tart feature 😎

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.