Jaguar XE Forum banner

Speccing seats in new car - Help please

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  PhilB 
#1 ·
Hi all.
Beginning to think about new XE for next year and I'm just a bit confused with seats. I've never felt truly comfortable in my current R-Sport and it's one of the only things that would make me move to another make. However, if I do get another I want to have the best chance of getting comfortable.

So, I specified the Memory Pack with Power Fold Mirrors for 18-Way Seats option. However, when I tried to add the Blind Spot indicators option (which I have on current car) the seats get downgraded to 8-Way Front Seats with electric recline. I am then able to add the Lumbar Support option but I'm still not sure this would be as good as the 18-Way option :?

Has anyone got any advice please?
Steve

#2 ·
The configurator for the XE is more than a bit strange at times - I've been speccing up my retirement toy with it, and according to the configurator you can't have climate seats with the 18-way and memory pack!

However, the brochure and price guide -look- like I can have that combination - I'll be checking very carefully with the dealer before I spend my cash ;)

#3 ·
I believe it is because the mirrors for the memory function are a different part to those that are power folding. I discovered this because I specced power folding mirrors then had a look at the memory seats and discovered adding memory removed the power fold mirrors as the mirrors are different. There is then a seperate unit for power fold and memory mirror.

It may be that the memory mirrors do not have a blind spot detector option.

#4 ·
So it could be either better seats or blind spot warning. But not both! As Gojira said, it will need good advice from a dealer. Still not sure though what extra the 18-way seats give above the 10-way.

#6 ·
vitoman58 said:
Still not sure though what extra the 18-way seats give above the 10-way.
Firstly, each seat has either 5 movements or 9 movements as the 18 and 10 way is the total for two seats.
Plus, not all the adjustments are electrically powered.

On the 10 way the 5 movements are:
  • 1. Whole seat fore and aft electrical.
    2. Whole seat up and down electrical
    3. Backrest recline electrical
    4. Seat squab tilt electrical
    5. Head rest, manual raise and lower.
The extra 4 to give "18" way are all electrically powered:
  • 6. Back rest side bolster adjustment (gives you a hug)
    7. Seat squab extension for extra under thigh support.
    8. Lumbar support, in and out in the small of the back.
    9. Lumbar support up and down to adjust the position of the support vertically

I think that just about covers it!
:D

#7 ·
i spec'd 18 way on my 300 sport, and when it came it had 14 way (std) seats, i am more than happy with them as the only bits missing is the cushion extension and the bolster inflate, my previous xe was a portfolio that had these, and i think i only adjusted them a couple of times, so in my mind (whats left of it) you only really need the 14 way, (10 way + lumbar). I also have the memory with power fold mirrors and the blindspot/reverse traffic warning.

#8 ·
I had this issue when playing with the configurator and found that if you specify memory seats you can't add just the Blind Spot Monitoring, you have to have the next one up, Blind Spot Monitoring and Reverse Traffic Detection. If you choose this option it allows the memory pack on the seats.

#10 ·
I optioned blind spot monitoring on my current one as I saw it on a loaner and I thought it was a good feature.
I also have the reverse traffic direction and I have to say it's a very useful feature also.
In car parks, nose in when you have limited vision it's a real help when reversing out of the space.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.