Battery conditioner fitment

All Jaguar XE related discussions
bob_mcn

Re: Battery conditioner fitment

Post by bob_mcn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:38 pm

One option is on Ebay if the individual part is not available.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-XE-X7 ... ctupt=true
Bob McN.
Oct'16 to Oct'18: Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, selection of addons.
Oct'18 onwards : Caldera Red, XE 300 Sport, MY2019, bigger selection of addons
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6930&start=20#p77545

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Thanks Bob but I am not splashing out £38 for a side panel when all I want is the plastic bit. My CTek comfort connector arrived since I last replied and it comes with a template to get the correct sizing. I am not sure what to do just yet and may just make a part from my many pieces of model railway odds and sods. Those "I'll keep that, it may come in handy" bits. Or I may just cut the opening in the part fitted and sell it all with the car if I sell it. I was going to make this my last car as I may pack up driving at 75 and I am 67 this year.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Vespa wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:51 pm
Thanks Bob but I am not splashing out £38 for a side panel when all I want is the plastic bit. My CTek comfort connector arrived since I last replied and it comes with a template to get the correct sizing. I am not sure what to do just yet and may just make a part from my many pieces of model railway odds and sods. Those "I'll keep that, it may come in handy" bits. Or I may just cut the opening in the part fitted and sell it all with the car if I sell it. I was going to make this my last car as I may pack up driving at 75 and I am 67 this year.
Have you the part no for plastic bit Vespa, I still don't have car back yet, Christine playing dealer up now :)
2016 XF Portfolio in British Racing Green. previous 2016 XE R-Sport in Italian Racing Red

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:14 pm

GX73-C8A254 He said there should be another couple of letters but there isn't on the part. He said that was enough though.

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 pm

Vespa wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:14 pm
GX73-C8A254 He said there should be another couple of letters but there isn't on the part. He said that was enough though.
Thanks
2016 XF Portfolio in British Racing Green. previous 2016 XE R-Sport in Italian Racing Red

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:33 pm

An update on the plastic part. Yes it is available as a seperate item BUT the price is just over £18. That is a no no for me. The centre box at the back of it is a very tight fit according to the CTek template and one of the CTek catches may not latch correctly. I know that it has been done but this was in a extra power point fitting and it may have a slightly different back design. I went to Halfords today for an M8 nut only to find that they didn't have stock as a small pack, only nut/bolt packs or a locking nut pack. Daft prices again at nearly £7 for just a few of what technically I only wanted one of. Well back to the drawing board and I found 2 earth points in the boot floor that took M6 nuts which I had. So that problem solved. I am now looking at making a holder that will fit in the space from of all things an old cork/plastic coaster from a set we no longer use. I intend constructing a box behind the front part that will be big enough and tight enough to hold it in the space ie friction fit. If it doesn't work out neatly I will rethink it all with plastic modelling sheet. I will post photos when I have done it.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:39 pm

147daytona wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:37 am
I have mine fitted above the extra power socket in the boot.

20190110_083013-1140x1520.jpg
Before I start making a part, did you cut out the aperture yourself ? If so were there anythings to look out for?

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Yes I did cut it myself, very straight forward to do.
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:01 pm

I have ummed and arghed about cutting this and today have decided that that will be the best solution. I never bother cutting and altering a model loco at some £160+ so why worry about a bit of expensive plastic if it went haywire.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Job done. I used a cutting disk from a Dremel type tool. I carefully measured the opening outline and initially cut the template to the exact size then measured the aperture and transferred it to the face side using sticky paper strips to get the outline correct. Then using a Dremel diamond circular cutter carefully cut out the aperture keeping on the side of smaller is better and trim later. Almost perfect first time with a bit of careful trimming with the same tool I got a perfect fit. Getting the wire through to the boot floorpan proved a bit of a fiddle. I removed the fuse box/ relay cover and threaded the wires through. Try as I might I couldn't get the plastic hanger to shift at the top to release a bit more trim so I remove the solid black plastic trim at the boot lock latch "hoop" .Three screwsone on each side and one central. Then carefully prised it upwards and released it from 4 spring clips. This enabled it to be removed and give more flexibility to the side panel where I could access the wiring. Once through I connected to the boot floor and the +ve terminal quite easily. I had to removed the puncture goo kit which is held by velcro. I presume that cars with the spare wagon wheel will have to have that removed. Refit everything in reverse order and clip in the CTek panel to the plastic fitting that is in the upper area that was cut to fit it. All very neat and secure.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”