Corris Grey gone.

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
PhilB

Corris Grey gone.

Post by PhilB » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:12 am

I saw a swatch of a new colour "Eiger Grey" when I was last at my dealers.
Not a new name for Corris but replacing it.
Corris is no longer on the configurator for the XE but Eiger Grey is.
Looks a bit lighter than Corris with a feint bluish tinge in real life.

Pictures of comparison swatches and an XF on the second page here:

https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2391
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Prestige

Re: Corris Grey gone.

Post by Prestige » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:33 am

It does show the contempt for the consumer and the disengagement from their views of the JLR Ivory tower suits. I have the Corris,my XF near neighbour it's Ammonite predecessor,both look great. When I bought my XE I went to three dealers ( Stoke,Wolves and Crewe) .....when asking what the most popular colour for the XE was all said Corris ( none had stock so that could be discounted) so now of course they drop it !
As so many commentators on this forum show,on many diverse topics,JLR care little about the consumers views and opinions.

G7DCW

Post by G7DCW » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:34 am

JLC's colour policy baffles me. There have been really interesting colours of both Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles, and all one can find now about 8 or 10 shades between White and Black (some metallic), about 4 actual (boring or nasty) colours. If they hadn't behaved thus, I would bought a new XE about 6 months ago, and I eventually ordered a not very inspired pale silver Havoc. At least, that's what I think it's called, although I'm beginning to forget becuase of the long delivery time.

I should add that I frequently see lesser brand cars in original and attractive hues. Frustrating.
Petrol 240 Portfolio, Dark Sapphire.

Langesliert

Post by Langesliert » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:00 am

Maybe, one day, my Corris will become a collectors item ;-)
2015 XE Prestige diesel auto with 163 hp and colour Corris Grey

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:15 am

Ditto for Lunar Grey - I think it really highlights the form of the car.

50 shades of grey anyone? :lol:
2.0 200 Bluefire R-Sport
Templar wheels, Meridian sound, Advanced parking, Climate pack + Heated rear, Aluminium Paddles - of course :)

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:29 am

Car colour is a very subjective subject, though I have to say I rather concur on the poor range of colours supplied by Jag and I'm also not sure many of the competitors are a lot better. They are unimaginative to say the least. My last car was was a superb metallic light blue called Zircon, got to be the best colour ever for not showing dirt, but still looked priceless when bulled up. Where is that? Gone with so many others. The first time I laid eyes on an F-Pace, I thought that car needs a really striking colour such as Chrome Yellow, what was the best they could manage? Metallic red. Don't get me wrong it looks good in it, but that's about the only colour in the range that does it.

Try watching the colours of cars you see on the road, red is probably the most popular, green the least. White is very common because of contracts, and other colours cost extra.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Indianajons

Post by Indianajons » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:46 am

I also have a rare, discontinued colour... tempest grey... see here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4447&p=52236#p52236
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:00 am

Looking back through the pinned thread in the Gallery section, the XE started out with some nice colours but I suppose the bean counters pulled them when they weren't selling in enough numbers.
At least we don't have the non-metallic hearing aid beige I've seen on a couple of Porsches recently or the primer grey on Fords and Audis.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

spritely

Post by spritely » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:23 am

I don't know without seeing the two together - but I think I still prefer Corris grey. The new colour does not look too bad though.
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:43 am

Mike Rometer wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:29 am

Try watching the colours of cars you see on the road, red is probably the most popular, green the least. White is very common because of contracts, and other colours cost extra.
2018 top 10 most popular UK car colour sales and new Jaguar XE 2019 colours-

UK Colour Sales 2018 New Jaguar XE colours 2019

1 Grey 20.9% ----- Eigar Grey, Carpathian Grey
2 Black 20.2% ----- Narvik Black, Santorini Black
3 White 18.3% ----- Fuji White, Yulong White
4 Blue 16.1% ----- Caesium Blue, Portofina Blue
5 Red 10% ----- Firenza Red, Caldera Red
6 Silver 9.3% ----- Indus Silver, Silicon Silver
7 Orange 1.1%
8 Green 0.9%
9 Bronze 0.4%
10 Beige 0.4%

Therefore Jaguar are answering the colour market demand of over 95% of the customer base. Also bulk buyers are fleets, they know they have to sell on through auction on fleet return and used dealers are conservative by nature that shocking pink may be unique, but that's the problem unique is not going to fly off the forecourt at resale.
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”