Jaguar XE Forum banner

Corris Grey gone.

14K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Mike Rometer 
#1 ·
I saw a swatch of a new colour "Eiger Grey" when I was last at my dealers.
Not a new name for Corris but replacing it.
Corris is no longer on the configurator for the XE but Eiger Grey is.
Looks a bit lighter than Corris with a feint bluish tinge in real life.

Pictures of comparison swatches and an XF on the second page here:

https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2391

#2 ·
It does show the contempt for the consumer and the disengagement from their views of the JLR Ivory tower suits. I have the Corris,my XF near neighbour it's Ammonite predecessor,both look great. When I bought my XE I went to three dealers ( Stoke,Wolves and Crewe) .....when asking what the most popular colour for the XE was all said Corris ( none had stock so that could be discounted) so now of course they drop it !
As so many commentators on this forum show,on many diverse topics,JLR care little about the consumers views and opinions.

#3 ·
JLC's colour policy baffles me. There have been really interesting colours of both Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles, and all one can find now about 8 or 10 shades between White and Black (some metallic), about 4 actual (boring or nasty) colours. If they hadn't behaved thus, I would bought a new XE about 6 months ago, and I eventually ordered a not very inspired pale silver Havoc. At least, that's what I think it's called, although I'm beginning to forget becuase of the long delivery time.

I should add that I frequently see lesser brand cars in original and attractive hues. Frustrating.

#6 ·
Car colour is a very subjective subject, though I have to say I rather concur on the poor range of colours supplied by Jag and I'm also not sure many of the competitors are a lot better. They are unimaginative to say the least. My last car was was a superb metallic light blue called Zircon, got to be the best colour ever for not showing dirt, but still looked priceless when bulled up. Where is that? Gone with so many others. The first time I laid eyes on an F-Pace, I thought that car needs a really striking colour such as Chrome Yellow, what was the best they could manage? Metallic red. Don't get me wrong it looks good in it, but that's about the only colour in the range that does it.

Try watching the colours of cars you see on the road, red is probably the most popular, green the least. White is very common because of contracts, and other colours cost extra.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Looking back through the pinned thread in the Gallery section, the XE started out with some nice colours but I suppose the bean counters pulled them when they weren't selling in enough numbers.
At least we don't have the non-metallic hearing aid beige I've seen on a couple of Porsches recently or the primer grey on Fords and Audis.

#10 ·
Mike Rometer said:
Try watching the colours of cars you see on the road, red is probably the most popular, green the least. White is very common because of contracts, and other colours cost extra.
2018 top 10 most popular UK car colour sales and new Jaguar XE 2019 colours-

UK Colour Sales 2018 New Jaguar XE colours 2019

1 Grey 20.9% ----- Eigar Grey, Carpathian Grey
2 Black 20.2% ----- Narvik Black, Santorini Black
3 White 18.3% ----- Fuji White, Yulong White
4 Blue 16.1% ----- Caesium Blue, Portofina Blue
5 Red 10% ----- Firenza Red, Caldera Red
6 Silver 9.3% ----- Indus Silver, Silicon Silver
7 Orange 1.1%
8 Green 0.9%
9 Bronze 0.4%
10 Beige 0.4%

Therefore Jaguar are answering the colour market demand of over 95% of the customer base. Also bulk buyers are fleets, they know they have to sell on through auction on fleet return and used dealers are conservative by nature that shocking pink may be unique, but that's the problem unique is not going to fly off the forecourt at resale.

#11 ·
What is it with JLR and their shades of grey? I think their designers must be colour blind.

Make the colours that are restricted to the SRV range available across the board -- they sell so few of them they are exclusive enough.

I may be old, but I still like bright colours. I'd pay the going price for that orange colour.

#12 ·
Mr_Grumpy said:
Make the colours that are restricted to the SRV range available across the board -- they sell so few of them they are exclusive enough.
I may be old, but I still like bright colours. I'd pay the going price for that orange colour.
If you ever have a spare few minutes go and build a full-fat Range Rover on the Land-Rover website.
There are some stunning colours available................for an extra £6000+ !
:lol:

#13 ·
PhilB said:
If you ever have a spare few minutes go and build a full-fat Range Rover on the Land-Rover website.
I went for the Spectral Racing Red - Duo Tone Paint £15,625, a snip when the car is now configured at £212,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

#14 ·
Domfow said:
Mike Rometer said:

7 Orange 1.1%
8 Green 0.9%
9 Bronze 0.4%
10 Beige 0.4%

Therefore Jaguar are answering the colour market demand of over 95% of the customer base. Also bulk buyers are fleets, they know they have to sell on through auction on fleet return and used dealers are conservative by nature that shocking pink may be unique, but that's the problem unique is not going to fly off the forecourt at resale.
I'm afraid can't agree with your summation. The colours offered are all that people can buy so therefore the drive is in the other direction. Folks will only pick what they prefer from those offered. How many people would/could afford to have a new car resprayed in their true preference?

You need to look at ALL the cars on the road, not just the new ones, and even then you don't get a true picture for the same reason.

I bought two lottery tickets this morning, rest assured if one comes up big the next stop will be the dealer with an order for my preferred Jag, in my preferred colour. F-Pace in bright yellow! :cool: :cool:

#15 ·
Domfow said:
PhilB said:
I went for the Spectral Racing Red - Duo Tone Paint £15,625, a snip when the car is now configured at £212,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Jeeze - you could buy a Ferrari for that kind of money. :lol: :lol:

#16 ·
spritely said:
Domfow said:
PhilB said:
Jeeze - you could buy a Ferrari for that kind of money. :lol: :lol:
Or an Aston Martin or McLaren if you want to be patriotic

#21 ·
The greys may be the best sellers, but if I had a pound for every person that's commented "That's a really nice blue" I'd be on my way to paying for my second tank of petrol already :D

I think I'd still rather have had British Racing Green, though :oops:

#22 ·
spritely said:
Bluefire said:
Hmm, so you're saying that grey is the best selling colour

Surely it's not so black and white?...
It is obviously a bit of a grey area. I'll get my coat. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is that a white,grey or black undercoat :?: :lol:

#23 ·
At least we haven't got fifty shades of grey.
You could end up tying yourself in knots trying to keep abreast of all that.
;)

#26 ·
Mike Rometer said:
Domfow said:
Mike Rometer said:

7 Orange 1.1%
8 Green 0.9%
9 Bronze 0.4%
10 Beige 0.4%

I'm afraid can't agree with your summation. The colours offered are all that people can buy so therefore the drive is in the other direction. Folks will only pick what they prefer from those offered. How many people would/could afford to have a new car resprayed in their true preference?

You need to look at ALL the cars on the road, not just the new ones, and even then you don't get a true picture for the same reason.

I bought two lottery tickets this morning, rest assured if one comes up big the next stop will be the dealer with an order for my preferred Jag, in my preferred colour. F-Pace in bright yellow! :cool: :cool:
I'll have you all know, one of those lottery tickets did come up. Unfortunately I won't be returning to the Dealer just yet for my F-Pace. :cry: :cry:

Two up, @ £2.60. That won't go far!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.