Jaguar XE Forum banner

New purchase (Meridian question)

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  ThatBloke 
#1 ·
Evening People.
First thank you for allowing me to join this forum.

Ive just put a deposit down on a 17 plate Jaguar XE R Sport and had to be patient to get one with the Meridian Sound system after reading your comments over the past few years.
I havent been able to get to the showroom as of yet so have been relying on information from the Jaguar dealership and Autotrader ad.
Both state Meridian sound included but doesnt say which one. To add to confusion the info on the Autodrader ad states the 80w Jaguar Sound system .
For the year which am i likely to get ?

G
#2 ·
As I understand there are 4 possible versions.

Early cars came with 80w standard system (L1) on build sheet which later became 125w (L2).
Then there was the Meridian upgrade option which was 380w and listed as (L3) on build sheet and a further 800w Meridian Surround Sound branded system which is (L4).

If you PM me your reg I can use Jaguar system to resolve VIN and then get the build sheet which will give you the full spec and the actual sound system installed.

#3 ·
simpler said:
As I understand there are 4 possible versions.

Early cars came with 80w standard system (L1) on build sheet which later became 125w (L2).
Then there was the Meridian upgrade option which was 380w and listed as (L3) on build sheet and a further 800w Meridian Surround Sound branded system which is (L4).

If you PM me your reg I can use Jaguar system to resolve VIN and then get the build sheet which will give you the full spec and the actual sound system installed.
Thanks for the quick response
Ive clicked on your name but see no option to pm you.
I see a "Contact simpler" but nothing is highlighted or linked

#6 ·
The Portfolio model is the only car that came with the Meridian sound system as standard and is the main reason I chose this model. If your car does have a Meridian system it will be an extra that was added, otherwise it will be the basic jag system, which is definitely not as good, in my opinion.

G
#9 ·
That is what I thought. The build sheet for this car says ""BRANDED SOUND SYS (L3)" which is the Meridian 380w system.
But the notes and pictures online show the front speakers with no meridian label.

Um..... presume that is why even Jaguar advert is unsure! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.