Jaguar XE Forum banner

Pads and discs at 20k?

15K views 52 replies 23 participants last post by  BOBCDP 
#1 ·
Hello,

I will introduce myself properly shortly. Just been called by my dealer to say the ads and discs on my diesel R Sport need replacing. Apparently discs are badly corroded. I have had no warning lights and 20k and 15 months strikes me as being very early. Am I wrong?

I have done most of my miles on the motorway if that is relevant.

Along with first service I am looking at £1,500. Pretty annoyed right now.

#52 ·
Take your point Pete and that may well be the case especially given the car is a 2018 model. This makes me warm to the idea of going to a "Skim my discs" centre and a quick look on the map would suggest there are 5 agents located in Cardiff who can provide the service: https://skimmydiscs.co.uk/your-nearest-service-centre
If the original problem were shown to the operators one could request that in addition to skimming, the guide pins and other contact areas could/should be lubricated. I'm sure the problem would readily be solved and with only new pads being fitted.

#53 ·
Just as a point of interest, any corrosion on the outer side of the discs is immediately obvious but if you need to check the inner side of the rear discs, there is one place that you can get your fingers behind and feel across the whole disc surface. It's opposite the caliper and slightly lower down. Not sure if it's the same on all models, mine is a 2015 oil burner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.