Jaguar XE Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative exhaust tips.

155K views 468 replies 131 participants last post by  PhilB 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm the manager of a machine shop which has its own anodising plant.
I have made these exhaust tips from billet Aluminium & Anodised black with a PTFE coating to make cleaning them alot easier.
They are secured on with 2 grub screws which are underneath the tailpipe & can not be seen, these will be supplied along with an Allen key for fitting.
If there's enough interest i will get a batch made up (need at least 5 people) to make it worth while, they will be £60 + £5 postage.
PM me if your interested,

Regards
Leigh

Attachments

See less See more
#453 ·
Rapha said:
What a bummer, but thanks for the information.
Are their any other options ?
Not that I know of.
Your picture looks like you have the standard pipes which on the 380 have an outside diameter of around 85mm.
Leigh's pipes for the S were for the 340 which was 10mm smaller.
There have been one or two that have bought twin pipe conversions and a different rear panel.
If you look at the topic "Project Redrum" in the members gallery, a US member has done a conversion.

#454 ·
PhilB said:
Rapha said:
What a bummer, but thanks for the information.
Are their any other options ?
Not that I know of.
Your picture looks like you have the standard pipes which on the 380 have an outside diameter of around 85mm.
Leigh's pipes for the S were for the 340 which was 10mm smaller.
There have been one or two that have bought twin pipe conversions and a different rear panel.
If you look at the topic "Project Redrum" in the members gallery, a US member has done a conversion.
Hi PhilB,

many thanks for your fast answer.
I will take a look into topic "Project Redrum".
Have a nice day,

regards
Rapha

#455 ·
Thanks Phil B
Hope you are well?

#456 ·
Hi Leigh,

I have taken a look into topic "Project Redrum" but this is not an option for me due to I do not want mounting another rear diffusor.
So I will ask you again if their is really no possibility to get a pair of black anodised tailpipes for my XE S, model 2018, 380 HP.
My standard pipes have an outside diameter of 85mm ? Perhaps their is a possibility to get a preliminary model of those pipes ?
I mean for pushing above my chrom pipes and fixing with grub screws.

Many thanks for a short answer,

regards
Rapha

#458 ·
Rapha said:
Hi Leigh,

I have taken a look into topic "Project Redrum" but this is not an option for me due to I do not want mounting another rear diffusor.
So I will ask you again if their is really no possibility to get a pair of black anodised tailpipes for my XE S, model 2018, 380 HP.
My standard pipes have an outside diameter of 85mm ? Perhaps their is a possibility to get a preliminary model of those pipes ?
I mean for pushing above my chrom pipes and fixing with grub screws.

Many thanks for a short answer,

regards
Rapha
I have sent you a message,

Leigh

#459 ·
Have followed this topic on + off but if I were to modify my exhaust tips I hanker after some as fitted to the F type (central mini megaphone style) as I also spotted (perhaps slightly large) on a F Pace SVR in Dick Lovett's.
Not got the tec to attach picture but google it and picture them on an XE.

#462 ·
Unfortunately not due to jaguar putting on their own & not enough demand for them, making one set is not cost effective.

#464 ·
Vespa said:
Paulclarkie said:
Are these still being made have sent pm but no response.
I am not sure if you have exhaust trims but if not, as Llowen is no longer making them, you can use Skoda Yeti tips that are a great push fit and look very nice
Do you have a link at all as I can't find any suitable!

G
#465 ·
I bought mine from these chaps. Very efficient service. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Skoda-Yeti-Chrome-Exhaust-Tailpipe-Tip-Trim-Part-No-5L0071910/262075429660?epid=27018953619&hash=item3d04e9b31c:g:xe8AAOxyJ59RG8YU They are push fit so make sure that you have them lined up correctly as they are almost impossible to remove. You may need to tap them on with a piece of wood as a cushion between hammer and part. Mine were just a very tight push fit. They are heavily chromed and after 3 years I have no signs of rusting.

#466 ·
Just in case anybody isn't aware, the Yeti tips are for the bare steel exhausts.
If you have a model with factory fit chrome tips they won't fit over them.
:D

#469 ·
Llowen said:
Unfortunately not due to jaguar putting on their own & not enough demand for them, making one set is not cost effective.
Afraid not.
The above quote is from Leigh who used to make them.

Going to lock this one up to save anybody else asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.