Stop start not working and now aircon stopped

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Drfella

Stop start not working and now aircon stopped

Post by Drfella » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:16 pm

Hi All

Appreciate any input on this and thanks in advance.

I have an XE 2015 (15) diesel. The stop start stopped working 2-3 months ago I guess and no idea why, maybe 2nd battery issue or something.

More recently the aircon has now decided to stop working and blows warm air.

Could there be a correlation between the two or as these totally separate issues? I ask this because I recently need a forced regen on my wife’s Quahqai which resulted in various symptoms, loss of cruise contro, key changed indicators, loss of power. Diagnostics revealed the problem and maybe need to do the same with my Jag

Regards

Mike Rometer

Re: Stop start not working and now aircon stopped

Post by Mike Rometer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:16 pm

There is an enormous thread on here already about Stop/Start, 80 plus pages. There is also plenty about a/c condensers going down on older models. I suggest a short search will turn up most of what you need.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

MyXE

Post by MyXE » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:18 pm

I see these as totally separate issues. My 16 plate XE stop start has not been working for around a year but sometimes surprises me and starts working again for a couple of times on a journey. The dealer looked at it a couple of times and it worked again at first but I have given up on it now. Most people say it is battery related.
My ac packed up in April and it was recharged at a cost of £250 because apparently we have the new type of refrigerant. It was checked for leaks after a week and declared ok but yesterday all I got was warm air. It’s going in again on Friday and I expect them to say it needs a new condenser. We really need it this week don’t we?
MY16 XE Prestige Diesel 180 Manual British Racing Green/Cream, Pan Roof, 40/20/40 Seats, Memory Seats, Folding Mirrors, Keyless Entry, Powered Boot, Privacy Glass, Space Saver Wheel, Rear Camera, Rear Blind.

BRC

Post by BRC » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:41 am

As MyXE says these are almost certainly separate issues and in particular the s/s problem is well documented but without any absolute conclusion. Personally mine was resolved by a new battery and possibly an unadvised software fix.

In regards the air con then it does sound like a leak and again problems with condensers on earlier cars are well documented.

Regretfully our Jags employ and have to forever continue with the new planet saving refrigerant R1234YF. This is currently about ten times the cost of its predecessor. Having said that KwikFit will recharge for £129.95. They claim they perform a test on the system prior to filling to establish whether there are any leaks on the system. I would imagine if any are found they will advise and cease work until it is located/resolved. More than likely if one is found that will involve engaging with a Jaguar dealer.

It’s also been confirmed by PhilB that the gas loss/year should be no more than 3%/annum. Clearly it rather sounds as if yours could be considerably greater than that! If your car is still under warranty you might be well advised to get Jaguar on the case pdq.
XE Portfolio now replaced by an XF R Sport and a Z4 garage queen!

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:35 am

I refer to my mammoth post on Stop/Start and the fact that JLR have now taken the issue on board with an update.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Wright24

Post by Wright24 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:12 pm

Had same issues as you Drfella. Found a software update did help but in anything hotter than 22 degrees the air conditioning was working too hard for the system to use stop/start.

SImple fix in the end: changed the condenser as it is so well published on here that it's a problem and had the o rings changed going into the compressor and into the condenser itself. After a pressure test all was working!

Since regas stop/starts everytime and if it doesn't its because the air con is going on full blast to drop the temperature which I won't complain about, especially with this weeks weather!

Total cost: Jaguar dealership cost for system update: £110, New condenser + o rings changed + regas: £300

MyXE

Post by MyXE » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:19 pm

Yep, new condenser fitted so lovely AC but still no SS as expected. I’m not fitting a new battery to fix it.
MY16 XE Prestige Diesel 180 Manual British Racing Green/Cream, Pan Roof, 40/20/40 Seats, Memory Seats, Folding Mirrors, Keyless Entry, Powered Boot, Privacy Glass, Space Saver Wheel, Rear Camera, Rear Blind.

Thorn

Post by Thorn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Since my gateway module was sorted out my stop/start has been working perfectly. Tell your dealer to check that module.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:18 am

Dealers have had several updates re the stop/start. Get them to go through Topix and read them.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”