Stop/Start again a few thoughts

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar XE
Vespa

Re: Stop/Start again a few thoughts

Post by Vespa » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Done on old battery and it didn't work on that as it still failed after a few days. Now with new battery from Feb at a higher Ah it never fails to work and even works before the engine gets fully warmed.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Why try a kill off the most popular subject on this forum? I would like to guess that most forum members have submitted something on here. Oh! by the way, I had a new battery fitted in May this year by the dealer and the s/s worked for about three months. Since then it has given up the ghost, despite me regularly charging the battery. From the latest posts here it seems like another trip back to the dealer to get it checked out, software up-date etc.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Bazzamf wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:58 pm
Why try a kill off the most popular subject on this forum? I would like to guess that most forum members have submitted something on here. Oh! by the way, I had a new battery fitted in May this year by the dealer and the s/s worked for about three months. Since then it has given up the ghost, despite me regularly charging the battery. From the latest posts here it seems like another trip back to the dealer to get it checked out, software up-date etc.
Not killing it off but what have we learned since I politely "suggested" calling a halt on the 11th July ?
Two members confirming that the software update has fixed theirs which we knew already and had been posted several times before that.
All the information is in here and I see nothing to be gained in any further postings.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

clivetay33

Post by clivetay33 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Just thought this post may amuse some of the authors on this topic. I needed to change my old runaround last week and decided to purchase a 2015 Dacia Logan. It is basic, very economical and has a very large boot. My start/stop in my XE has never worked and been in once to be fixed and still did not work! I picked up my Dacia on Friday and had the shock of my life. I stopped at the first junction, put the gear in neutral and foot on the brake. The engine stopped and I had no idea how to start it! How embarrassing, I eventually did put my foot on the clutch and the engine fired up. Beware to all you XE drivers, if you drive a car that has stop/start, find out how to start the car again because start/stop seems to work on other cars :lol:
Jaguar XE S Indus Silver 380 bhp black pack, cold climate pack 1, 18 way power front seats, memory pack with powerfold mirrors, 19 inch black alloy wheels, panoramic electric sun roof, advanced parking assist pack

Pongo

Post by Pongo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:45 pm

I've had mine for over 12 months, done 12,000 miles, and the start / stop hasn't worked once. Just sayin'....
2016 XE-S 340

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:50 pm

:D :D :D That ' s the Dacia. Perdect in every way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:29 am

PhilB wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:17 pm
Not killing it off but what have we learned since I politely "suggested" calling a halt on the 11th July ?
Two members confirming that the software update has fixed theirs which we knew already and had been posted several times before that.
All the information is in here and I see nothing to be gained in any further postings.
I have already asked twice that we leave this one.
Last time of asking.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.

nicpy

Post by nicpy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Here I am about to post on page 90 no less of the start stop issue. I have tried various things to get our XE to constantly do what it should do, with little success. Then I had a thought....we briefly owned a Vauxhall Mokka (never ever again) which stop start never worked until I got some advice about the so called intelligent charging system. The advice said disconnect battery, charge for say overnight, disconnect battery from charger to allow `surface charge` to dissipate for two hours, reconnect battery, reset settings as per preferences and run the car. It worked a treat on the Vauxhall, so with nothing to lose that`s what I have done on the XE.....stop start now (for the present) works fine.
As I understand it by giving the battery a true full charge you give the charging system a bench mark (a voltage) to work to. Battery failure seems to be a constant with S/S problems.Be interested to get feedback on this.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:02 pm

Thread locked.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.

Return to “Faults & Technical”