Jaguar XE Forum banner

Rear side lights

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Stephen 
#1 ·
Came home tonight and found nearside side light out and sidelight on the boot. Brake indicator and reversing bulbs are ok. Am I right in thinking this is led lights and as both are out electric problem. Tried to find a fuse but nothing in the handbook. Any ideas folks.
Worst thing new one arrives at the end of the month.

#3 ·
This is actually covered in the manual under maintenance - bulb replacement.
Looking at the MY20 and earlier ones they are the same.
The boot portion of the rear lights isn't covered as it says it needs a dealer.
Likewise only the brake, reversing and indicators on the main removeable light unit are bulbs that can be changed DIY.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Number

Attachments

#4 ·
Problem solved. Rear wiring loom needed replacing. Thought Jaguar had solved this issue in 2016 year model.

#5 ·
So it turns out my rear light is fairly full of water. I'm going to bite the bullet and replace the unit. My light is GX73 13404 AE. Looking around ebay etc, there are similar lights, but slightly different suffixes, does anyone know what the difference is?
For example I can find GX73 13404 BC, GX73 13404 AJ, etc. They all look exactly the same as mine, just want to make sure I don't order the wrong part.

#6 ·
Joejoejimmyjoe said:
So it turns out my rear light is fairly full of water. I'm going to bite the bullet and replace the unit. My light is GX73 13404 AE. Looking around ebay etc, there are similar lights, but slightly different suffixes, does anyone know what the difference is?
For example I can find GX73 13404 BC, GX73 13404 AJ, etc. They all look exactly the same as mine, just want to make sure I don't order the wrong part.
I can comfirm the BD and AE have a different wiring connection and different bulb configuration. While they unit is the same size and fits (and the LED strip works), the indicator bulb is blanked out on the BD while it's in use on the AE. I guess I'll stick to buying the exact same model number

#7 ·
That's strange why the indicator is blanked out. Would love to know why. I would say is it due to the requirements of the American market, but then why would you get one over here?
Anyway mine was sorted with a new loom and its change over day, today - P250 HSE is ready to collect. Cant wait.....
Added a few extras Heated seats, cold climate pack, split rear seats and a spare wheel. Just under the £40K so no stupid government extra road tax.

#8 ·
LesW said:
Anyway mine was sorted with a new loom and its change over day, today - P250 HSE is ready to collect. Cant wait.....
Added a few extras Heated seats, cold climate pack, split rear seats and a spare wheel. Just under the £40K so no stupid government extra road tax.
Well done LesW, and I hope you enjoy your new P250 HSE. I remain in wait of mine, and hopefully will join the ranks of XE owners soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.