Jaguar XE Forum banner

Blind spot warning system

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Wickster 
#1 ·
Stopped working on my way home tonight, seems suspicious as last night someone reversed into my rear nearside in the staff carpark.

It was enough to crack the light lens and I had agreed that the guy could just buy my a new one, however I'm guessing this failure is somehow linked so maybe I should let the insurance companies take over...

Thoughts please... I'm guessing the system has some sensors hidden behind the bumper which are separate from the parking ones.

#2 ·
From what I can find, there is a blind spot monitoring module behnd the bumper on each rear corner...

Given what JLR charge for bits, I'd talk to insurance.

Very best of luck!

#4 ·
Actually started working when I came out of the gym, then failed again when I got close to home.

Wondering if it's just become dislodged and a good auto electrician might be able to fix it.

I really don't want to get involved with insurance companies!

#5 ·
I am sorry to say that if I had some damage done to my car and the other party wants to settle without getting their insurance company involved, I would decline and insist on getting it done properly. Any repairs should then be guaranteed and if other issues are discovered during the repair, the insurance company should sort that out too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.