Data Usage

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Multiwick

Re: Data Usage

Post by Multiwick » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 pm

Kushanku wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:32 pm
If you are in the UK (like me) I bought a "3 Mobile Pay As You Go Trio Data SIM Preloaded with 12 GB of Data" for £24.99 on 9th June and got the dealer to fit it as part of the handover. It lasts for 12months and should be ample. However just noticed it's gone up by £10.

I also got a "Samsung MUF-BB 64 GB USB 3.0 MicroFit Flash Drive - White" from the same place to hold my music. Fits the usb input on the XE unobtrusively.
That's what I bought but 90% of the data has been used in 3 weeks
Awaiting MY18 XE R Sport in Loire blue with pimento leather, ICT Pro, split folding seat, reversing camera, folding mirrors, privacy glass and spare wheel.

51mes

Post by 51mes » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Is your WiFi hotspot on?

Is it secure? Or have you given access to anyone with it. Know of colleagues with a mifi, who had their kids tablet on it. Went abroad and the tablet was downloading movies over roaming data til the cap was used up...all unbeknown to him.

Work IT were less than happy....

S.
XE-S in IRR 19" Radiance, red/jet leather, ICP, Meridian Digital, Pan Roof, HUD + extras + lots of carbon fibre :twisted:

Kushanku

Post by Kushanku » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Kushanku wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:32 pm
If you are in the UK (like me) I bought a "3 Mobile Pay As You Go Trio Data SIM Preloaded with 12 GB of Data" for £24.99 on 9th June and got the dealer to fit it as part of the handover. It lasts for 12months and should be ample. However just noticed it's gone up by £10.

I also got a "Samsung MUF-BB 64 GB USB 3.0 MicroFit Flash Drive - White" from the same place to hold my music. Fits the usb input on the XE unobtrusively.
My data SIM was a year old in July but the display still said 4G or 3G depending on where I was. I assumed it was still working. I had bought a new SIM (£27.99 from MyMemory) but not fitted it as I thought I was getting some sort of extended time on the old one. But I have noticed that I'm not getting live traffic updates anymore. So I assume that although 4G is displayed it is not connecting to the net so I should now install the new SIM!
Kushanku

XE Portfolio 200PS Ingenium Petrol
Metallic Yulong White with Sienna Tan interior and Satin Ash Burr Veneer.
Pro Navigation Pack with Meridian Sound System, Parking Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Split Folding Rear Seat, Spare Wheel

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 am

Mine threw a bit of a wobbler when my previous sim ran out.
Best advice I can give is to remove the old sim and leave the car overnight then put the new one in the next day.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Kushanku

Post by Kushanku » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:18 am

PhilB wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 am
Mine threw a bit of a wobbler when my previous sim ran out.
Best advice I can give is to remove the old sim and leave the car overnight then put the new one in the next day.
Thanks, I'll do that
Kushanku

XE Portfolio 200PS Ingenium Petrol
Metallic Yulong White with Sienna Tan interior and Satin Ash Burr Veneer.
Pro Navigation Pack with Meridian Sound System, Parking Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Split Folding Rear Seat, Spare Wheel

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”