2018 Lead Time

All Jaguar XE related discussions
PhilB

Re: 2018 Lead Time

Post by PhilB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:10 am

Normal lead time from new order to build is about 12-15 weeks.
Yes, some have had to wait longer for various reasons but generally that is the case.
Once built then the dealer should "call the car forward" for it to be delivered to the dealership.
Normally a week to 10 days.
Allow a day or two for PDi and it should be ready for collection.
The main thing is to keep on top of things and pester the dealer as some can be a bit lax.
Taking two weeks as you have been told from delivery to collection is nonsense and the dealer should be asked why it takes 2 weeks to PDi the thing.
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Thorn

Post by Thorn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:04 am

I agree. Hassle the dealer. Let it be known that you’re thinking of cancelling.
There was a two week shutdown over Christmas which will have affected build times, but mine was caught up in it, and apparently you ordered before me. I suspect that your dealer was slow in submitting the order. Either that, or the unicorn hide that you want for the seats isn’t yet available.

Mint

Post by Mint » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Thank you both Phil and Thorn for the advice and humour. As I said earlier, I have already fallen out with the dealer, and mainly the lad who handles my order. I have requested a final and accurate no non-sense delivery date, topped it with a threat to cancel if it is going beyond April.
I have also started serious discussions asking to consider paying my travel costs caused by their delay.
Am not trying to be smart, but I was left wheeless after a write off in Novemeber. I placed this order with a promise for mid-February delivery.
I am now forced into buying a cheap car to get me through till the 'unknown' (delivery time). Driving the 70 miles to work on the narrow country lanes is the best part of my day...everyday!
I have missed those days for 3 months now and instead I am suffering in this weather in train stations.....God knows for how long more, unless I get another car.
Thanks all and enjoy the snow!

Thorn

Post by Thorn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:41 pm

The last few years of my working life were spent travelling from Leeds to Keighley. I went over Otley Chevin and across Baildon Moor. It made the working day worthwhile, especially in the spring, when the lambs appeared, and lapwings performed their amazing mating flights. Coming back after dark in the winter wasn’t too good, especially in a Volvo with just a couple of tea lights to show the way.

ColinR

Post by ColinR » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:59 pm

I placed an order on the 19th September last year and picked up the car on the 22nd! :D :D 8-)

It had everything that i asked for plus the 250 ingenium and a sun roof as an added bonus.

The sales guy said it was the fasted XE sales from signature to collection tat they'd done. Mind you I was lucky that there happened to be one available from stock with the full spec.

I don't think I'd want to wait months for any car. I'm too much of an impatient kid for that. :roll:

Mint

Post by Mint » Thu May 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Hi all
Some of you may remember when I first joined in March this year complaining about the extraordinary delay of my Caldera Red XE prestige which I ordered in October 2017.

I have been more of a quiet spectator enjoying the XE life on cumputer screens and hoping to be an owner and active player one day soon.

A lot has been going on since my last time here, mostly to do with me threatening the leasing company with legal actions etc. I even wrote to JLR who confirmwed my order but would'nt share further information with 3rd party.
I know, it is unbelievable!
I went to as far as Citizen Advice Bureau and my local MP.....kidding.....That would spoil the eXpErience!!!!!! wouldnt't it?
Truth, I was more civilised and chose to lodge a complaint with Trading Standards Agency, providing all documents and emails. The leasing copmpany didn't care to respond to TSA when contacted. This lead to a certificate being issued from TSA after statutary 28 days waiting. This recommendations could be helpful if I wished to go the legal avenue as the court will be dinclined to award me as long as I have reasonable demands.

I gave the company one final notice to come up with a real plan or face cancelation of my order plus compensation and legal costs etc.
Some two weeks ago, the leasing company finaly surrendered offering me apologies (no explanation) , 5 months payment off the total lease plan, and a dead sure delivery date which they have honored this time.

Today, I received a call from the company inviting me to select a plate number for collection next Monday.
It was one hell of a journey which I never expected to endure, but it finally got resolved and I am nearly there.

Sorry for the depressingly long message, I thought there could be something to learn from my unique expreience. If not apologies, please!
I will update you beyond receiving and driving my longed XE and try to share with you if I find any more surprises (good or otherwise). I hope I will live to enjoy it like most of you guys.
Many thanks again for your support and useful posts.

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Fri May 11, 2018 10:23 am

I can't believe you had so many problems and had to jump through so many hoops for, what should be, a normal everyday process for all those involved.

Let's hope the car is all you expected, and more, and that this is the end of your saga.
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

KevinInSuffolkUK

Post by KevinInSuffolkUK » Fri May 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Just for info, I ordered my factory-build XE on the 27th March 2018 and have just been informed today (11th May 2018) that it's built and expected to be delivered by the end of the month. So if it all goes to plan, that's 8-9 weeks.
MY18, Narvic Black, Latte/Light Oyster, Prestige Auto Petrol 200PS
Parking Pack, 10way electric seats, 4 way lumbar, Gloss Figured Ebony Veneer, 40/20/40, premium mats

Markk

Post by Markk » Wed May 16, 2018 8:39 am

Just found this thread.
Ordered my XE Prestige from Beadles in Watford 22nd Dec 7. Was told the build date was around 4th April ended up being 4th May.
Due to get the car next Tuesday 22nd May.

The dealer has been extremely helpful and would highly recommend them.
It is not their fault that the delivery date slipped and they can only pass on the information they are provided with by Jaguar.
They did put pressure on Jaguar, although I did not think that this pushed me up the list.
I also contacted Jaguar customer services to see if they could tel me what was going on, and did say that issue was at their end and not the dealers.

Hope the car is worth the weight

Beadles paid for me to do the Castle Bromwich factory tour and saw the F Types being built. Amazing tour and would highly recommend it to any one who has not gone.
Just booked for the Jaguar Classic tour.

chrisjp

Post by chrisjp » Fri May 18, 2018 3:51 am

I ordered a 250ps petrol XE in late March and was told by Harwoods that it was in the pool awaiting a build slot, but that a June delivery was likely. I heard nothing more and when I checked with the dealer in early May I was told the vehicle STILL had not been ordered because JLR was transitioning to the MY2019, dealing with the particulate filter issue, and had not accepted ANY dealer orders for 2 months! I have had to go back and re-specify against the MY2019 spec, and suffered a UKP2k price increase, and I STILL do not have any confirmation of the order, let alone a build or delivery date. I read in the media a little while ago that JLR was actually short of sales and was reducing shifts. This doesn't seem surprising if they are refusing to accept orders. I'm not happy!
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE Prestige 250 PS MY19. Fuji white with cream leather, privacy glass, xenon lights, heated steering wheel, memory pack, parking pack, Pro navigation 380w, configurable dynamics, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”