Interesting general point about suspension cambers (maybe)

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Petercoll

Interesting general point about suspension cambers (maybe)

Post by Petercoll » Tue May 15, 2018 10:45 pm

I popped in to see Sean at Brackley Tyre warehouse today to commend them on such a good suspension re-alignment on my car. I mentioned to him how the feel and poise of the steering wheel varies, when the carriageway has a different slant cross-ways, and how much extra traction there is at the rear of the XE with the alignment spot on, and thus how absurd it would be to fit an LSD, as one sometimes needs to do seemingly on BMW's. His reply was to tell me that Jaguar is (almost uniquely) the only manufacturer to 'hand' the camber adjustment each side of the car. That is to say North America LHD cars have double the camber angle to the right hand side suspension, and our cars in the UK have double the camber angle to the left hand side. This detail very tactfully increases grip and performance on roads with crowns in the middle, and makes all our Jaguars much more at ease and safer, especially against the German makes !
MY 17 XE 25t r-Sport , Corris Grey with rear privacy glass, 19 inch wheels, In Control Touch Pro, larger disc brakes, Adaptive Dynamics & split rear seats.

Petercoll

Re: Interesting general point about suspension cambers (maybe)

Post by Petercoll » Tue May 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Petercoll wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:45 pm
I popped in to see Sean at Brackley Tyre warehouse today to commend them on such a good suspension re-alignment on my car. I mentioned to him how the feel and poise of the steering wheel varies, when the carriageway has a different slant cross-ways, and how much extra traction there is at the rear of the XE with the alignment spot on, and thus how absurd it would be to fit an LSD, as one sometimes needs to do seemingly on BMW's. His reply was to tell me that Jaguar is (almost uniquely) the only manufacturer to 'hand' the camber adjustment each side of the car. That is to say North America & Europe LHD cars have double the camber angle to the right hand side suspension, and our cars in the UK have double the camber angle to the left hand side. This detail very tactfully increases grip and performance on roads with crowns in the middle, and makes all our Jaguars much more at ease and safer, especially against the German makes !
MY 17 XE 25t r-Sport , Corris Grey with rear privacy glass, 19 inch wheels, In Control Touch Pro, larger disc brakes, Adaptive Dynamics & split rear seats.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”