Hello all!

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
User avatar
UV Blue
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:47 am
Location: South East

Hello all!

Post by UV Blue » Thu May 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi folks!

thought I'd join the forum to say hello and post some pics of my Jag XE S. I've had the car about a 6 weeks now and it's a steep learning curve as this is my first Jaguar, so there might be some daft questions coming up in future posts, so I thank you all in advance! :D

Here's the car specs:
  • 3.0L :P 380bhp, Santorini Metallic Black (MY 2018)
    20" Alloys on Pirelli's 8-)
    Head-Up Display
    Heated windscreen with infra red reflection
    Heated washer jets
    10-inch screen with digital dash
    Xenon headlamps +LED Signature
    Auto High Beam
    Treadplate illumination
    Sliding panoramic roof
    Heated/cooled front & heated rear seats
    lumbar seat 4-way with adjustable bolster
    heated steering wheel
    Gloss blk grille with gloss black surround with black side vents
    Driver seat memory 14 way (inc passenger seat)
    Seat cusion extension
    Reverse Traffic detection &BSM &CVS
    Privacy glass
    Interior mood lighting Premium
    Meridian Surround Sound System
    Front parking aid with surround Camera System with 360 Park Distance Control
    Alloy space save wheel
    Air Quality sensing
    Stering column Power assist
    Trim: Jet/Lt oyster contrast stitch.
    Trim items: Jet facia/Jet headliner
...etc!

Cheers all
Phil

DSCF2829.jpg

...I love the HUD!

DSCF2810.jpg

...just after a good clean

DSCF2809.jpg

DSCF2807.jpg

DSCF2800.jpg

DSCF2798.jpg

DSCF2796 copy.jpg

DSCF2788.jpg

DSCF2783.jpg

DSCF2777.jpg

Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics


HARRIER
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:16 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Hello all!

Post by HARRIER » Thu May 17, 2018 8:18 pm

Very smart!
Jaguar XE 240 Petrol Sport, Glacier White, Venom Alloys, Black Pack & quite a few extras


User avatar
XES Owner
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:50 am
Location: East Anglia

Re: Hello all!

Post by XES Owner » Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Smart looking car, but I am biased,
Excellent choice of spec (toys) and colour, very similar to my MY16 Ultimate Black except for the 10" screen and cooled seats. 10" screen was not available.
Are the seats worth the expense in our climate? (Strangely the sales rep put me off adding them)
Surprised you didn't add the adaptive cruise control. Very useful, drives itself especially in slow moving traffic.
Don't worry about asking questions there are many very knowledgeable members here always willing to help.


User avatar
Kaspa
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:22 pm
Location: UK Essex

Re: Hello all!

Post by Kaspa » Thu May 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Hello

very nice in deed ... really like that
Jaguar S Type XS 2007 - Jaguar XES 2016 - F Type Coupe MY2018 current car -


iBaa
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:19 pm

Re: Hello all!

Post by iBaa » Thu May 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Lovely looking XE 👍
R-Sport 200PS, Polaris White, 20” Propellors, Jet/Red seats, Black Pack, Black window surrounds, Privacy Glass, Parking Pack, Meridian Audio.


User avatar
UV Blue
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:47 am
Location: South East

Re: Hello all!

Post by UV Blue » Fri May 18, 2018 11:24 am

XES Owner wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 pm
Smart looking car, but I am biased,
Excellent choice of spec (toys) and colour, very similar to my MY16 Ultimate Black except for the 10" screen and cooled seats. 10" screen was not available.
Are the seats worth the expense in our climate? (Strangely the sales rep put me off adding them)
Surprised you didn't add the adaptive cruise control. Very useful, drives itself especially in slow moving traffic.
Don't worry about asking questions there are many very knowledgeable members here always willing to help.

Hi XES Owner,

I didn't specify anything on this car as I got it used - it was a 'managers special' at Jaguar. I bought it as I wanted a well specc'd S model.
I actually didn't want the adaptive cruise control anyway as I don't like the big plastic thing at the front! I can live without adaptive cruise methinks!

The seats are good in the heat, a black car gets hot if I can't open the pano roof! I didn't realize at first what was happening as I felt a cool draft in my back and wondered what it was! :lol: Probably not so useful in our climate as you say but in other territories probably very handy. One thing I don't like, however, is the heated front widscreen - the wires in the glass take some getting used too. :(

...any road up, the car has been back at the dealers for a week while they sort some niggles for me... one being the non-working Stop/Start, which they tell me is a VERY common problem, ho-hum. Also the tracking is out but I may not be able to get that done gratis!

PS shame Jaguar have stopped putting the V6 engine in these :roll: looks like I might have a collectors model in the future!
PPS got 39.2mpg on a motorway run - is that good? :?:

cheers
Phil
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics


User avatar
Petercoll
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:39 pm
Location: Bicester

Re: Hello all!

Post by Petercoll » Sat May 19, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi, Gorgeous looking in Santorini Black ! Don’t get me started on wheel alignment....my steering wheel was way off centre straight from the factory. The dealership attempted TWICE to track it, and kept failing miserably,even though they are all brand new with all the toys at hand ! Tyre Warehouse Brackley do new Porsche’s for people straight from Porsche Silverstone, so all manufacturers and dealers appear to shun the idea of correct suspension. Anyway , my XE is a complete revelation now it’s done perfectly. Peter
MY 18 XE 25t r-Sport , Corris Grey with rear privacy glass, 19 inch wheels, In Control Touch Pro, larger disc brakes, Adaptive Dynamics & split rear seats.


User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 5045
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Hello all!

Post by PhilB » Sun May 20, 2018 8:26 am

UV Blue wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:24 am
PPS got 39.2mpg on a motorway run - is that good? :?:
That's very good!
A motorway run normally gives me aound 34 mpg at best.
Must have been cruising!
:D
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.


User avatar
UV Blue
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:47 am
Location: South East

Re: Hello all!

Post by UV Blue » Mon May 21, 2018 9:12 am

PhilB wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:26 am
UV Blue wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:24 am
PPS got 39.2mpg on a motorway run - is that good? :?:
That's very good!
A motorway run normally gives me aound 34 mpg at best.
Must have been cruising!
:D

...yeah I was in ECO mode steady-ish at 70mph, nice!
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics


User avatar
UV Blue
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:47 am
Location: South East

Re: Hello all!

Post by UV Blue » Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 am

Petercoll wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:02 pm
Hi, Gorgeous looking in Santorini Black ! Don’t get me started on wheel alignment....my steering wheel was way off centre straight from the factory. The dealership attempted TWICE to track it, and kept failing miserably,even though they are all brand new with all the toys at hand ! Tyre Warehouse Brackley do new Porsche’s for people straight from Porsche Silverstone, so all manufacturers and dealers appear to shun the idea of correct suspension. Anyway , my XE is a complete revelation now it’s done perfectly. Peter
Thanks for the reply :D I got the car back on Friday and they adjusted the wheel alignment but although it's better, it's still not as I had hoped. On a motorway run it keeps drifting and a have to keep correcting the line which is tiring on a long journey. The dealer said that wheel alignment was adjusting the front wheels whereas tracking was all 4 wheels, so I would think it needs another look, I may need some advice in the future where to go to get it done properly, sadly I don't think that will be a t a Jaguar main dealer! :x
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics


Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”