Volumetric Alarm

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
dc42

Volumetric Alarm

Post by dc42 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi, this is my first post.

I am the proud owner of the R-Sport 180 Diesel. Black with privacy glass. Looks lovely and had some interest on the roads.

All is well except: the alarm goes off every night and despite unlocking and relocking, it goes off again soon after. I have discovered that single locking prevents this from happening. The car info keeps telling me its the volumetric alarm. I am not entirely sure what this is or why its going off. The doors/windows are full closed and I definitely didn't leave the kids in the back by accident. Has any XE or other owners had similar problems when the car is brand new?

Taking it to the dealers on Friday but would have preferred not to have the hassle.

GrantT

Re: Volumetric Alarm

Post by GrantT » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:57 pm

My mother in law used to have a volumetric alrm issue in a vauxhall, she had to manually close all the airvents at night as a breeze in a certain direction would affect the air pressure in the car through the vents and set the alarm off!

I'd be extremely annoyed if it was my brand new car.
R-Sport 180 Manual, Ammonite Grey, Jet/Jet

Quigon

Post by Quigon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:57 am

Sounds like the intrusion sensors are setting off. On single lock only the perimeter alarm is set, double lock activates full alarm. You can switch off alarm sensors (intrusion and tilt) in the information display vehicle settings. I think you have to do this each time, but might help until the dealer can take a look.

Saw a 180 R sport in black waiting to be picked up when I got mine .. Very nice!!
XE Portfolio 2.0 I4 180PS, Odyssey Red/Light Oyster, power fold mirrors, 40:20:40 rear seats + cold climate, lighting & adv parking packs

dc42

Post by dc42 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:34 am

I have found the alarm sensor off section in the settings in the tft display. Switched it off and it made no difference. So no idea what that does!

Saw an idea elsewhere. Switch climate setting to circulate air inside vehicle before switching engine off. So that means no air can blow in. That worked.

So seems the interior sensor is either faulty or way too sensitive. Dealer will have to fix.

Rich 91

Post by Rich 91 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:38 am

Sorry to hear about your alarm, I'm sure it's just a software glitch. I'd imagine a hard reset or an update will sort it.
Jaguar XE, R Sport, 180 Auto, Italian Racing Red, Black 19" Venom Wheels, Jet/Red Interior, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Parking Pack With Camera, BSM, Keyless Entry, Memory Pack and power fold mirrors.

dc42

Post by dc42 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:55 am

Dealer has replaced the sensor. Fingers crossed.

dc42

Post by dc42 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:44 pm

No problems since the replacement. Hope this helps anyone else who else this issue.

Noent

Post by Noent » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi,

My new xe,has the same problem.Now 2 consecutive nights.Very annoying indeed (at appr. 2 am!).Also a volumetric alarm.Certainly no moving/living objects inside.
Windows are closed and car is parked in a closed garage.So certainly false alarms.
Maybe a new volumetric sensor will solve the problem.

XE 180 hp quatrzite latte tow bar rear camera

Brian9386

Post by Brian9386 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:00 am

Updated my 6 year old XF to a new XE as soon as they were available in Sydney Australia. I have the portfolio 25T model with every option available. All was well until I had the same issue, Alarms sounding at 2am, again and again. Took it to the dealer today and guess what, the Volumetric Alarm is faulty and I now need to wait 10 days for a replacement from the UK. It was this forum that suggested what to look for and sure enough this was the error message displayed on the menu option. Thanks for all the help, will be back again.