Newish XES owner

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
ShaneXES

Newish XES owner

Post by ShaneXES » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:39 am

Hi XE owners, I have been researching on here for a month or so and bought my XES in Feb -18 and enjoying every drive, the ride is sublime and the performance sharp! As a car its can be driven hard and fast or leisurely and relaxed which makes it perfect balance. The mileage was only 9400 when i got her and everything presented by the Jaguar dealer was as expected. The only flaw is the paintwork does have some swirl marks / light scratching. I have a DA polisher (and experience / patience) and will return the paintwork to its original condition and Zanio seal the paint at which point pictures will be posted! Will preserve this by obviously keeping away from car washes/ washers.... Great to be a part of the XE club and previously drove an Audi A8 which was a comfortable tank and oceans apart from the XES. Also owned an X-Type around 7 years ago the 2.5 AWD which was a good car despite the negative press and opinions and at the time the retro look was spot on for me.
Great posts on here hope to contribute if i can.
Shane
XES Italian racing red , oyster & Jet seats, park assist & camera , folding mirrors, heated steering wheel sun blind, panoramic roof, keyless entry, road sign recognition, 14 way seats, heated screen, lane assist, privacy glass

PhilB

Re: Newish XES owner

Post by PhilB » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 pm

Welcome aboard Shane.

We seem to have a few new owners of XE S's joining now so it's good to have more V6's on here!
You will love the S.
Looking forward to seing some pics once it is ready for inspection!
:D
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

TonyR

Post by TonyR » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi Shane

Welcome.

I endorse everything that Phil has said !
XE S (340PS) 2017MY Polaris White 360 Park Distance Control, Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist, Head Up Display, Auto High Beam, Winter Pack, Perpendicular Parking, Reverse Traffic Detection, Surround Camera System.

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Nice one Shane,
lovely S EX ...oh sorry meant XE S :lol: well you know what I mean, :P
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

XES Owner

Post by XES Owner » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 pm

Good choice for your latest car. Hope your car is as reliable as mine (only problem has been the a.c.).
Looking forward to your pictures.

ShaneXES

Post by ShaneXES » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:07 am

XES Owner wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 pm
Good choice for your latest car. Hope your car is as reliable as mine (only problem has been the a.c.).
Looking forward to your pictures.
XES Owner et All will post pictures in the next 1/2 weeks. My AC was also kaput! only realised the first warm days end April. Dealer dealt with it eventually.... it was a seal that needed replacing on a tube into the condenser. If you don't use the AC these dry up... i think my car wasn't sold for 2/ 3 months so sat dormant maybe the AC issue? Incidentally the dealer was good in the end but messed me around after 2 to 3 days the car was left with them and said they hadn't touched it! No real reason workshop schedule? Real reason this was warranty work and I hadn't bought the car from them me thinks i was the bottom of the queue :cry: The upside is they fixed an ABS recall that hadn't been fixed (obviously not spotted in the 165 point used car check :lol: ) and the Stop start too.
PS thanks to all for the welcomes
XES Italian racing red , oyster & Jet seats, park assist & camera , folding mirrors, heated steering wheel sun blind, panoramic roof, keyless entry, road sign recognition, 14 way seats, heated screen, lane assist, privacy glass

Return to “Introductions”