XE 2019 facelift

All Jaguar XE related discussions
1stjag4me

XE 2019 facelift

Post by 1stjag4me » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:57 pm

MY18 Caldera Red XE R-sport 180ps - Privacy Glass - ICT Pro - Parking Pack - Power folding door mirrors

Gojira

Re: XE 2019 facelift

Post by Gojira » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:21 pm

That's going to be interesting :o

I'm currently planning to get a nice shiny new XE for delivery in April next year...

That looks like a whole new set of things to think about!
Waiting to retire, so I can buy a Portfolio 250, with all the toys I can sneak past SWMBO :lol:

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:11 am

"We could see the implementation of new semi-autonomous tech, as well as infotainment upgrades across the range."

Oh Gawd !
I wonder if it will work this time?
:lol: :lol:

"The 12 and 48-volt mild-hybrid tech would help lower emissions by switching the engine off when it’s not needed. It should provide a coasting function, as well as a seamless stop/start system for stop-go city driving. "

No it won't !
:lol:
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:47 am

...as well as a seamless stop/start system for stop-go city driving. "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :|
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Santorini Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:14 am

Phil maybe it is time to talk about what we the XE owners would like to see added, improved and deleted in the midlife face lift
I'll start:-
1. Better insulation from noise, in boot, under bonnet, in firewall
2. Stop the rattles
3. Outer rubber door seals as standard on all 4 doors, to stop grime on rear inner door wheel arch in particular
4. Make centre lower dashboard lights far stronger behind piano black facia, in sunlight, you can't see many of the settings, sync, heater controls etc
5. Redesign end of dash, how many people wack their legs on the end of the dashboard, when getting in the car!
6,. Redesign the rear seat release mechanism
7. Fit 3m clear screen as standard on rear sill sections in front of wheels, especially on non R-Sport models as the sill design allows the air flow to create the pebble dash affect, that Jaguar have just quoted me over £200 to fix
8. Better quality door cards especially lower plastic and on centre tunnel
9. Bring out HYBRID versions quickly
10. Ingenium diesel needs more refinement (far to thumpy for a premium engine),
11. More powerful battery to allow the Stop/start to work for those who don't cover large distances to keep the battery at full charge
12. Exterior trim and door, bonnet, boot alignment has to be better, the shut lines should match if not exceed the best of the Germans

I'm sure you've all got other ideas, but these and others could make a very good car and excellent car, this time evolution
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 am

I'd agree with all of them.
As regards the last, there seemed to be an improvement when the builds went to Castle Bromwich and panel gap issues seem to have died out pretty much.
I have to say on mine (May 17) the gaps are really good and as good as anything from the other lot I've seen.

But as always, when did JLR ever listen to the customers..............?
:roll:
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:33 am

I had suggested to Jaguar (via their Facebook page) adopting the more upmarket door card design from the China-only XE L on UK and EU spec vehicles for the MY19 update. It didn't happen.

I also agree with all Domfow's suggestions and with PhilB about the improved and more accurate panel alignment.

Kaspa

Post by Kaspa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:45 pm

PhilB wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:11 am
"We could see the implementation of new semi-autonomous tech, as well as infotainment upgrades across the range."

Oh Gawd !
I wonder if it will work this time?
:lol: :lol:

"The 12 and 48-volt mild-hybrid tech would help lower emissions by switching the engine off when it’s not needed. It should provide a coasting function, as well as a seamless stop/start system for stop-go city driving. "

No it won't !
:lol:
and will the CD player work .. the most basic of infotainment option :lol:
Jaguar S Type XS 2007 - Jaguar XES 2016 - F Type Coupe MY2018 current car -

Kaspa

Post by Kaspa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Domfow wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:14 am
Phil maybe it is time to talk about what we the XE owners would like to see added, improved and deleted in the midlife face lift
I'll start:-
1. Better insulation from noise, in boot, under bonnet, in firewall
2. Stop the rattles
3. Outer rubber door seals as standard on all 4 doors, to stop grime on rear inner door wheel arch in particular
4. Make centre lower dashboard lights far stronger behind piano black facia, in sunlight, you can't see many of the settings, sync, heater controls etc
5. Redesign end of dash, how many people wack their legs on the end of the dashboard, when getting in the car!
6,. Redesign the rear seat release mechanism
7. Fit 3m clear screen as standard on rear sill sections in front of wheels, especially on non R-Sport models as the sill design allows the air flow to create the pebble dash affect, that Jaguar have just quoted me over £200 to fix
8. Better quality door cards especially lower plastic and on centre tunnel
9. Bring out HYBRID versions quickly
10. Ingenium diesel needs more refinement (far to thumpy for a premium engine),
11. More powerful battery to allow the Stop/start to work for those who don't cover large distances to keep the battery at full charge
12. Exterior trim and door, bonnet, boot alignment has to be better, the shut lines should match if not exceed the best of the Germans

I'm sure you've all got other ideas, but these and others could make a very good car and excellent car, this time evolution
yes .. agree with all these, so why oh why cant Jaguar just listen to its customer base ? this is what I would be pushing for if i was a senior leader in Jaguar .. is this to much to ask honestly :?:
Jaguar S Type XS 2007 - Jaguar XES 2016 - F Type Coupe MY2018 current car -

Indianajons

Post by Indianajons » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:42 pm

And folding rear seats with the release mechanism in the back of the seats, not in the boot!
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”