Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
bigmick777

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Post by bigmick777 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:42 pm

I had mine added free of charge - I was already running the latest ICTP version (v4) but was missing the smart phone integration as it's not added by default.
As its a new car I had no intention of paying - I wasnt asked to pay either.

I did say I had issues with v4 of the software and duplicate contact names (which I think is caused by also using whatsapp on my phone) but I said I wanted to use Android Auto rather than having to constantly choose a number for each contact.

irony

Post by irony » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:32 am

Hi,
just had this installed in Australia, I did have Incontrol Apps, so no issue in getting the Phone Pack.
Android Auto works, but looks "meh" tried 720p, a little better. I will try 1080p.
I really like the new 3 vertical pane look of 18c though, looks "classy" like a Jag should...
Delivery 12/7 XE Prestige 25t BRG. ACC, Heated Cooled seats, InControl Pro, ICT Apps, Parking Assist, Lane Assist, 10x seat, 4x lumbar, jet headliner 19" Silver Venoms, etc...

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm

irony wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:32 am
Hi,
just had this installed in Australia, I did have Incontrol Apps, so no issue in getting the Phone Pack.
Android Auto works, but looks "meh" tried 720p, a little better. I will try 1080p.
I really like the new 3 vertical pane look of 18c though, looks "classy" like a Jag should...
How recently was yours done? Interesting that they've only installed 18C and not 18D...
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

APEaling

Post by APEaling » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:42 am

Hi All - just had what the dealer defined as a Phase 4 software update. This was due to long standing connectivity issues with an IOS device and flaky hotspot performance. I asked if CarPlay would come in with that upgrade and was informed that would be chargeable. Declined it but it came in anyway with the Phase 4 upgrade.

The problem: since upgrade, Bluetooth is connecting with my IOS device for music but no phone call audio is coming through car speakers despite being connected.

When CarPlay connected and calls made via App all is fine.

I have also seemingly lost voice command capability - occasionally used to select music.

Any advice appreciated - I suspect it’s a trip back to the dealer but wanted to avoid that if possible......
MY18 XE 250 Portfolio RWD, Carpathian Grey (aka Storm Grey), ICT Pro, Adaptive/configurable Dyanamics, Parking pack ++

irony

Post by irony » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:40 am

PaulC wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm
irony wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:32 am
Hi,
How recently was yours done? Interesting that they've only installed 18C and not 18D...
Thursday 3/1/2019... S18C_18.37.1-222737
What version have other received with the phone pack?
Any of the updates after this let me choose my own cover art for my music? :D
Delivery 12/7 XE Prestige 25t BRG. ACC, Heated Cooled seats, InControl Pro, ICT Apps, Parking Assist, Lane Assist, 10x seat, 4x lumbar, jet headliner 19" Silver Venoms, etc...

Cjwye

Post by Cjwye » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi

Just had latest SW installed that includes CarPlay.
All seemed fine from dealers, however when I now try to get the map on the full screen drivers display it shows the jaguar sat nav even though I have google maps selected on CarPlay and the google map is on the infotainment screen!

If I then select a different display on the infotainment screen and I am using google maps for satnav I don’t have the directions available other than audio but do have the Jaguar map on the drivers display.

I have ict pro.

Surely this can’t be correct.

preith

Post by preith » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:01 pm

Apple CarPlay... finally!

Hi everyone... I ordered a 2017 Jaguar XE R-Sport AWD from my local dealer in Reno, NV USA and received it back in June of 2016. Mostly love the car but after two and a half years of ownership, I'm guessing my dealer's service department had grown weary of my numerous complaints regarding the InControl Touch Pro infotainment system I made the mistake of ordering (seems Jaguar had played a cruel joke on me... buyer beware sound appropriate here?). Anyway, after several ICTP updates over two years and despite JagUSA's recent denial of the availability of Apple CarPlay for MY17 owners when I inquired yet again, I had seen a number of threads on this message board which suggested CarPlay was indeed available to MY17 owners and so I printed photos from one of the threads and brought them to my dealer, along with information regarding the 18C update. Expecting yet another fight with the dealer and JagUSA to do the right thing and update the software (as had been the case with the several updates in the past), I was surprised and quite pleased that the Assistant Service Manager at my dealership was willing to go to bat for me and managed to get the latest update installed along with the software pack which enables Apple CarPlay functionality (free of charge). So long story short... for owners of first gen XE's here in the states, don't listen to JagUSA's customer support reps... and push your dealer to install the latest ICTP update and software pack. You'll be glad you did as, in my opinion, the Apple CarPlay function is soooo much better then the ICTP app with regard to iPhone and IOS app compatibility. I've attached a photo of my ICTP/CarPlay home screen... one week in and so far so good. Wow!!!... and it only took two and a half years (yep... pretty sure you sense the sarcasm here).

Jag CarPlay.jpg

Cjwye

Post by Cjwye » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:29 pm

Preith

When using google maps does the map get replicated on full screen on drivers console if you select full map or does it show the jag satnav instead!

preith

Post by preith » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:40 pm

Google Maps appears on my ICTP display when I ask Siri via voice... and the turn-by-turn function works as well. Truthfully, I actually prefer the Jag nav maps as I think they look really good and I haven't had any issues with them leading me astray, however despite updating the maps quarterly I've never been able to get the voice command function to work (except to "navigate home" as has been the case with other XE/ICTP owners). So rather than keying in a address by hand with the ICTP system, I'll just use Google Maps now that I can view them on my ICTP display and listen to the directions via the car's speakers. Its a shame Jag engineers can't get the nav system right (at least for many owners). Not incorporating voice command into the ICTP system when they rolled it out was a egregious error in my opinion (geez... even the standard ICT system had it when I purchased my XE). WTH??

JaguarSaint

Post by JaguarSaint » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Got in touch with the dealer to ask if there was any update...said they've...
"now withdrawn the upgrade altogether as it creates an issue causing the InControl Screen to close down intermittently. There is currently no fix for the issue and they will advise as and when it becomes available again."
So we shall see what happens with this one. Not a huge problem for me at the moment, just would rather have it implemented properly.
03/11/2018 ARRIVED!!!
XE - R-SPORT - Petrol - Auto - 200PS - Narvik Black - Black 19" 5031 Wheels - Chrome trim - Privacy Glass

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”