Courtesy car

All Jaguar XE related discussions
billvega

Courtesy car

Post by billvega » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 am

The XE is in for its 1st service today along with rear pads and a cabin rattle fix.

Been given a white XF r sport on some very nice grey 20" wheels. Not seen these before.

Although I think the XF feels more solid somehow I don't think I like the extra size, the XE is sexier imo.

15314794522754209854860652055235.jpg

XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

NewLester de Rocin

Re: Courtesy car

Post by NewLester de Rocin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:34 pm

8-) You’ve hit the target perfectly. I think that’s the idea with the XE versus XF design intent that Jaguar had.

The XF is the family car, softer stability and feeling of safer mass surrounding you, (although I don’t think Jaguar went far enough with the interior---it looks too much like an XE-want-to-be, when it DESERVES more unique dashboard touches of its own).

The XE is the grown-up road player’s car, with a “bachelor and friend” feel to it, that’s not quite up to the task of supporting a settled family of parents and college children, the way an XF is.

I was loaned a white XF with 20 inch wheels, but not that style. The XF is just not my lifestyle, but is comfy to borrow now and then.
1990 Corolla DX in Regata Blue; 1996 Corolla DX in Satin Granite Black;
2017 (X760) XE Prestige in British Racing Green

ColinR

Post by ColinR » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Agree with that. I had an XF before the XE (the XE was launched a year later)

The XF is a big car, very practical and great on long journeys. Much bigger boot, very quiet and refined.

The XE is more fun to drive, a bit noisier but still gives that Jaguar smile whenever I look at, or sit in it.

Horses for courses, they're both great cars and I still want an F-Type :lol:

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:32 pm

I must agree. Having driven the XF as a courtesy car, I was pleased to get back into my XE. It shouldn't be so as the XF is more expensive, but it is.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

NewLester de Rocin

Post by NewLester de Rocin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:10 pm

F-Type I CAN’T do. I just can’t. Nice exterior (though a bit snub-nosed and small), but the INTERIOR was just a fit for me. And I’m only a very standard 5’-8” tall. It was just too cramped with the appendages poking around the cabin to catch the seatbelt over your shoulder, and frame the Co-Driver’s knee area, and provide extra grasping rubber around the edge of the frameless window… AaaRGH! Too much poking out at me in this tiny two seater. I feel like I’m inside that Little Shop of Horrors plant pot.

My idea of the racy Jag is still the XK. Oh my lord, what an interior, in glove black and the sparkling brightworks.
Even as a loaner for 48 hours, the F-type I just can’t do.

Have you noticed that, even the headlights of the XF are less intimidating looking and more institutional looking than those of the XE? A very nice touch on the XF (to differentiate from the showy boldness of the XE’s headlights). Good decision, Jaguar!
1990 Corolla DX in Regata Blue; 1996 Corolla DX in Satin Granite Black;
2017 (X760) XE Prestige in British Racing Green

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”