In Control Tracker

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Pete321

In Control Tracker

Post by Pete321 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:21 pm

Due to be taking delivery of a new XE in 2 weeks and I've been getting insurance quotes. Can anyone confirm whether the vehicle tracker feature in the In Control system counts as a theft tracker for insurance purposes?
MY18 XE 2.0d 180 R Sport Black Edition

Repairman

Re: In Control Tracker

Post by Repairman » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:07 pm

I had a conversation recently when I renewed, as feature list shows tracker for my car, but I do not have the protect app, so I still don't know if I have tracker or not, and do not feel like asking JLR, as last time I asked a question, they gave me an answer, that was nothing todo with the question.
But end result was it would not make any difference to quote cost anyway
XE R Sport 180 2.0D in Italian Racing Red

KevinInSuffolkUK

Post by KevinInSuffolkUK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:43 pm

Pete321 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:21 pm
Due to be taking delivery of a new XE in 2 weeks and I've been getting insurance quotes. Can anyone confirm whether the vehicle tracker feature in the In Control system counts as a theft tracker for insurance purposes?
Fairly sure that this doesn't count. I think it only sends data when you finish a trip and doesn't do real time tracking.
Also, if someone was able to steal your car, it's a simple thing to turn off the trip reporting.
MY18, Narvic Black, Latte/Light Oyster, Prestige Auto Petrol 200PS
Parking Pack, 10way electric seats, 4 way lumbar, Gloss Figured Ebony Veneer, 40/20/40, premium mats

Madatter

Post by Madatter » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:59 pm

Knocked £60 of my my insurance
XE 2.0TD MY16 ULTIMATE BLACK Prestige, Cold Climate Pack, Parking Pack, Pan Roof, Waste of Space WiFi. Extra Wheel in the boot. (And a towbar)

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:37 am

This subject often comes up and there seems to be a lot of confusion about what the standard incontrol app does and the factory fitted tracker.
The incontrol app is not a tracker in the sense of finding your vehicle on the move after it has been stolen.
It is merely a journey recording device and doesn't count for insurance purposes as a proper tracker.

If "Incontrol secure" was ordered when the car was built that is costed option which is a Thatcham Cat 6 tracker and can be counted by some insurance companies.
The simplest way to check for people buying used cars is to look at the 4th page on the app (Android) which gives the reg number and vin and a phone number for Jag assistance.
If there is another contact number beneath that for stolen vehicle tracking then the vehicle is fitted with the proper tracker which has a subscription for the the initial three year warranty period.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Pete321

Post by Pete321 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:42 am

PhilB wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:37 am
This subject often comes up and there seems to be a lot of confusion about what the standard incontrol app does and the factory fitted tracker.
The incontrol app is not a tracker in the sense of finding your vehicle on the move after it has been stolen.
It is merely a journey recording device and doesn't count for insurance purposes as a proper tracker.

If "Incontrol secure" was ordered when the car was built that is costed option which is a Thatcham Cat 6 tracker and can be counted by some insurance companies.
The simplest way to check for people buying used cars is to look at the 4th page on the app (Android) which gives the reg number and vin and a phone number for Jag assistance.
If there is another contact number beneath that for stolen vehicle tracking then the vehicle is fitted with the proper tracker which has a subscription for the the initial three year warranty period.
OK, thanks, better say it's not got a tracker. I don't want to be in the position where a claim pay out is not made because I said it had a tracker.
MY18 XE 2.0d 180 R Sport Black Edition

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:01 am

My car also lists tracker but isn't fitted with one. The weird thing was that I got a text one evening to say my car was on the move and to phone the tracker company. It wasn't as it was on my driveway and the tracker company had no record of my car being registered with them for tracking. It's never happened since.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Ramondo

Post by Ramondo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi PhilB, just reading this post and I have a “tracking call centre” icon listed as you’ve described. Does this mean my car will have the Cat 6 tracker? How can I confirm this as I’ve only had the car less than 3 weeks and didn’t know about this?
Thanks
Ramondo
Storm Grey 66 plate R Sport Dieslel 180, Auto, Black Pack, Cold Pack, 19” alloys, Privacy Glass, Split rear seats.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:29 pm

To fully confirm it log into the main Incontrol website intsead of the app:
https://incontrol.jaguar.com/jaguar-por ... -web/login

If you have the "Incontrol Secure" tab at the top of the page, click on it and it will show the Thatcham Cat 6 Tracker Certificate for your vehicle.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Ramondo

Post by Ramondo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Thanks for the help, my car is registered for the Cat 6, we’ll see if I get a discount on insurance come December.
Really enjoying the forum and the car 👍
Storm Grey 66 plate R Sport Dieslel 180, Auto, Black Pack, Cold Pack, 19” alloys, Privacy Glass, Split rear seats.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”