I recommend my dealer.

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Rgc

I recommend my dealer.

Post by Rgc » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Hi Everyone. I thoroughly recommend my dealer. I asked for a software update and they told me jaguar don't offer software updates unless there is a fault, like a CD problem, slow response or problems pressing the soft buttons on screen, etc. I explained I did have the problem where it sometimes won't take the button press. They said that was good enough as an issue. They did the warranty recall on DEF at the same time. They did warn me that the software home screen changes a lot and you loose the software climate button. But i have to say the upgrade is well worth it and you still have the hard climate button. They booked me in for 3 days as their can be issues and they lent me a Portfolio with sunroof and 14 way seats plus memory, similar to my own. (Mine has these, plus lots more). Even the same colour as mine as I had asked for something good. However it was a 240d AWD. Fantastic car, didn't imagine my 180d RWD would seem so ordinary by comparison. Have to seriously think about that next time. Anyway, they called me to let me know there were issues and only the first upgrade had taken. They are cumulative. So they had asked Jaguar for a brain (whatever) replacement. Anyway the next day they called back to say they had persevered and it had all worked and didn't need the component change. So end result, no more slow buttons and great update on features. I also asked if they could polish out some bird lime marks. Which they did all for free. And the dealer? Grange Jaguar Brentwood. Very accommodating. Maybe it's because I bought new in Dec 2016 and spent £10,000 on options, but I still got a £4000 discount. (Probably could have got more). But all in all, very happy with my dealer. Anyone else got some happy dealer stories?
XE 180D RWD Auto Portfolio in Dark Sapphire Blue Light Oyster Interior, Gloss Figured Ebony
(14 waySeatsMem&PwrFold, ColdClimPack, PwrPack, ICTPro, AdvParkAssPack, 40/20/40 HeatRearSeat, LKA, BSMonitor, PremMoodLight, PanRoof)
- Essex 20/12/2016

G7DCW

Re: I recommend my dealer.

Post by G7DCW » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:45 am

Until recently I would have recommended HA Fox (Preston). Now, they have re-located, become Inchcape, and have a smart new building, in common with various other Inchcape locations. The organisation, now including LandRover has been brought into the same new building (in itself a good move), is very confusing. I can't work out who sells LandRovers, who sells Jaguars, and/or whether particular sales staff sell new or used vehicles. It is difficult to get to test drive a vehicle, and the whole system is so ponderous. I also discovered my long-term favourite salesperson personally drives a German competitor's car, to me utterly disgraceful and disloyal.

Frankly, I don't want to go any more. And the other obvious near-to-me dealer is also going to relocate, presumeably with the same confusing results, and is the dealer I long ago decided I would never visit again after a series of bad experiences.

Grrrrr.
Petrol 240 Portfolio, Dark Sapphire.

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:19 pm

G7DCW wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:45 am
Until recently I would have recommended HA Fox (Preston). Now, they have re-located, become Inchcape, and have a smart new building, in common with various other Inchcape locations. The organisation, now including LandRover has been brought into the same new building (in itself a good move), is very confusing. I can't work out who sells LandRovers, who sells Jaguars, and/or whether particular sales staff sell new or used vehicles. It is difficult to get to test drive a vehicle, and the whole system is so ponderous. I also discovered my long-term favourite salesperson personally drives a German competitor's car, to me utterly disgraceful and disloyal.

Frankly, I don't want to go any more. And the other obvious near-to-me dealer is also going to relocate, presumeably with the same confusing results, and is the dealer I long ago decided I would never visit again after a series of bad experiences.

Grrrrr.
That's interesting as I have the luxury of having two Jag dealers to choose from. Beadles in Watford and Lookers in Amersham. I had my first test drive at Beadles before it joined with Land Rover on a new site and I found it much better and more personal compared with the new set up. Now it seems you almost need to have an appointment to go in. It is so large and impersonal, I'm certain you could walk around all day and not be noticed. Luckily, Lookers in Amersham have not yet joined with Land Rover, although there is a plan to do so in the near future. I've been in a couple of times and much prefer it. Being smaller, you are noticed and acknowledged when you enter, which is great. I think the plan to sell both makes at the same site is a retrograde step, but it seems to be company policy in the UK and elsewhere.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Martyn UK

Post by Martyn UK » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Rgc I also recommend Grange Brentwood superb all round now on my 2nd XE having had a new July 2015 XE from them . I even had a demonstrator Portfolio with the Ingenium engine for a whole day to check I was happy before I ordered my2nd one thanks to Matt Ridpath.
On the service side nothing is too much trouble thanks to Mick Burgess and Lee Cairns who is now Service Manager.
Portfolio 200 Ingenium Petrol, 18 MY,Loire Blue ,Light Oyster, Split rear seats, spare wheel,14way front seats, Cold Climate pack, Parking pack ,Powered boot lid, Power fold heated mirrors , ICT Pro Meridian, Blind spot monitor.

G7DCW

Post by G7DCW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:17 am

As I write, this thread is in 15th spot on the list, and has only attracted one recommendation of a dealer. Does this say something?
Petrol 240 Portfolio, Dark Sapphire.

bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:16 pm

I, in a previous post in the past recommended H.A. Fox, now Inchcape Jaguar in Chester, but got shot down by someone who disagreed and had a disagreement with them, but i still rate them and will use them again, they have always sorted my little glitches ok, and have been helpful when i needed guidence, so i will use them, unless their standards have slipped in the meantime. They are at present having a new facility built to do Landrover and jaguar together, hopefully it will be even better.
Bob Mc.
Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, and a selection of addons.
ordered 04/09/2018: XE 300 Sport, Caldera Red, and a selection of addons

Chak59

Post by Chak59 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:23 pm

G7DCW wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:17 am
As I write, this thread is in 15th spot on the list, and has only attracted one recommendation of a dealer. Does this say something?
Not exactly a ringing endorsement is it!

I bought my car from Inchape Chester and all was good up to handover. Post sales, not so good. Had a query re the warranty / assistance documentation and was passed from dealer to Jaguar to Car Care plan, back to dealer and then on to Inchape customer services for resolution.

I suspect that part of the problem is customer expectation. Jaguar sell themselves as a premium brand, so we expect a higher level of service than that provided by everyday service providers such as energy and telecoms providers.
Jaguar XE Portfolio D Auto 180, OW17, Italian Racing Red. 19" black alloys.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”